Just a heads Guys and Gals Back ordered items

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can see both sides of this arguement. First of all you ordered it. All they did was ship it at a later date. Second, seven months seems to be a bit excessive to me but I don't know their policy. I feel they should have called after two to three months passed before shipping the items to let you know they were going to make a charge on your account. Now if you paid for the items when you made the purchase they should send them out as soon as they receive them. If they don't receive them in a timely manner they should contact you in two to three months to let you know what the situation is on the items. I ordered some electrical equipment recently and the company called me and asked what exactly I wanted to do about some of the parts not in stock. They asked if I wanted them shipped when they come in or cancel the backordered parts. They were very thoughtful in my opinion on the way they do business. Good luck with the situation.

Zum said:
Not sure if this is the place to ask.
If you get a check and don't cash it for 6 months or more,isn't it considered void or something like that?
Maybe I'm way off,kinda on the same lines.

Stale, not void.

The below was taken in part from this site: https://www.superpages.com/supertips/cash-a-personal-check.html

How Long Do You Have to Cash a Personal Check?

Discussions about personal check expiration dates inevitably spiral into debates about the nuances of loan ethics. Although banking laws differ from state to state, most states consider that checks in excess of 6 months old are considered “stale dated.” Contrary to the conventional wisdom, stale dated checks can still be cashed successfully. However, the drawee's bank has the right to refuse payment on the check or “bounce” it.

There have been instances in which personal checks dated from several years in the past have been cashed without a problem. In many cases, bank tellers simply don't check out the date on the check. Whether or not the drawee bank decides to accept the check is often a matter of “good faith.” That said, if you posses a personal check that's dated more than six months ago, the bank will still likely accept your deposit.

HOIST-N-HAWGS said:
I left a huge sign in red marker addressed to the Fedex delivery guy refusing acceptance of the package. Calling my bank right now.
Thanks for all the advice!

rooten for ya big man =D>

After my scathing email this morning, I recieved a message on my phone stating TW will revisit their time frame rules, and probably only send back orders out up to 4 months. Any later than 4 mo. they will call or email the buyer 1st, and wiat to hear back from the purchaser prior to shipping. I just recieved this email as well. Hats off to TW for doing the right thing!!!!! =D> =D> =D>

Hello Paul,

I left a message on your answering machine earlier today and wanted to make
sure that you received it. We will not ever modify a customer's order and
leave it open until all products arrive and ship out. Due to the time frame
and conditions surrounding your situation we will be happy to refund the
cost of the baits and your overdraft fee of $37.00. I will await a response
from you before we proceed. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Brandon Taylor
Tackle Warehouse

Thats good news. I havent had a bad word to say about them yet, and hopefully they never give me any reason to. They are the best place to buy tackle on the net IMO.

ilinimud said:
Thats good news. I havent had a bad word to say about them yet, and hopefully they never give me any reason to. They are the best place to buy tackle on the net IMO.

I agree 100%. It wasn't that they shipped the pruduct that bothered me, it was the time that elapsed w/o a forewarning.
The fault inevitably lies with myself, yet thought 7 months was exsessive and the 1st gentleman I dealt w/that stated there's nothing we can do for you needs to take some PR courses.
Issue resovled and the bait monkey will continue to be swung their way.

Thats great news Paul, TW gets my stamp of approval, so what cha going to order with your new found money? :lol:

shamoo said:
Thats great news Paul, TWH gets my stamp of approval, so what cha going to order with your new found money? :lol:

Order some backordered stuff with it so you can compound your money if this happens again. :shock:

Latest posts