Lake Scugog - 05/30/09

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salmon_Slayer_2008_Lund

Reaction score
Hey guys, I went fishing yesterday. We went strictly for Walleye and Crappie. We arrived at the lake around 4:45am. Had to fill the oil resevoir with the Optimax DFI oil. So whatever got that done, prepped rods and stuff. Launched boat and took off to the first spot. Was dead. So we went to the next spot and located sparse weeds. Sure enough I get the first Walleye around 11". Then my brother gets a nice Walleye around 2lbs then we started getting them. We got also Crappie with the Walleye grubs. By 8:30am we had 6 Walleye in the livewells. By 12pm we had 9 nice Crappie and 6 Walleye in the livewells. I lost 2 big fish though. First was a big Walleye around 3-4lbs, was lightly hooked and threw hook beside the boat. Then I lost an even bigger fish. Faught jus like a Walleye but I didn't get to see what it was. Broke my 10lb Fireline. Maybe its a good thing that I didn't know so then I wouldnt feel like crap after despite the good day we had. Here are pics.

imgp3708.jpg

imgp3712.jpg

imgp3713.jpg

imgp3715c.jpg