Lanier 6/6

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Troutman3000

Reaction score
Picked this one up Sunday Morning. Tasted real good last night. Some other pics of the day are included as well.

Attachments

• IMG_0701.jpg
    IMG_0701.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 316
  • IMG_0711.jpg
    IMG_0711.jpg
  • IMG_0712.jpg
    IMG_0712.jpg
  • IMG_0694.jpg
    IMG_0694.jpg
Nice fish.
Did the wind pick up on ya?
Looked alittle breezy in one of those pictures,how'd your boat handle the little chop?

It was real choppy. The boat was fine since it is a v there was no problem at all. If I were in my old Jon boat I would have sank.

Queencitybassman said:
Man my grandfather has a house right on Lenoir.. how is the LM fishing there this month been?

I dont catch a lot of LMs there, mostly spots and stripers. I havent really targeted the LM but I know there are stilla good number of them in the lake.

Troutman3000 said:
Queencitybassman said:
Man my grandfather has a house right on Lenoir.. how is the LM fishing there this month been?

I dont catch a lot of LMs there, mostly spots and stripers. I havent really targeted the LM but I know there are stilla good number of them in the lake.

I haven't been to Lanier this year, but yep, there are some good LMB's in there. Scary lake to be on in a small boat during the summer.... lots of pleasure craft traffic.

Yeah last time I was there he actually hired a striper guide.. who was terrible and we caught about 3 spots and one small runt striper.. I will probally do some striper fishing but I was hoping to squeeze some LM if I bring down my boat

Targeting LM on Lanier is like wanting a good steak dinner and choosing a seafood restaurant.

It's a trophy spotted bass fishery, and typically LM and Spots don't play nice together. That said, I'd target the Magnum Spots (which pull alot harder anyway) and if you happen to catch a LM, it's a bonus. You also get the added bonus of hanging a 25# + striper fishing where the spots are.

I do know that most of the LM that get caught are gooduns though...

Brine said:
Targeting LM on Lanier is like wanting a good steak dinner and choosing a seafood restaurant.

It's a trophy spotted bass fishery, and typically LM and Spots don't play nice together. That said, I'd target the Magnum Spots (which pull alot harder anyway) and if you happen to catch a LM, it's a bonus. You also get the added bonus of hanging a 25# + striper fishing where the spots are.

Brine, I stand corrected. When I stated there were some good LMB's in Lanier, what I truly meant was there are some whopper spots in there :) and you're right, I'll take a hard pulling spot over equivalent sized large mouth any day.

Queencitybassman said:
Yeah last time I was there he actually hired a striper guide.. who was terrible and we caught about 3 spots and one small runt striper.. I will probally do some striper fishing but I was hoping to squeeze some LM if I bring down my boat

I can give you some pointers when you come down on the stripers. I have started to figure them out a little.

it's been a while since I've been on - and I haven't talked to you lately....

did you get a new to you boat???!!

russ010 said:
it's been a while since I've been on - and I haven't talked to you lately....

did you get a new to you boat???!!

I did. I sold my jon for 1400 and picked up the tracker for 1900 the next day. Its got an old rude on it that will need to be replaced soon, but besides that its in pretty good shape. Of course I want to recarpet it and all of that, but that can wait until the winter. So far so good. I dont feel scared in Lanier anymore.

That would be awesome I hear lanier is suppose to be one of the best striper lakes on the east coast so id like to catch some bigguns there.. man there is a lot of georgia guys on this site

Queencitybassman said:
That would be awesome I hear lanier is suppose to be one of the best striper lakes on the east coast so id like to catch some bigguns there.. man there is a lot of georgia guys on this site

Shhhhhh..... we're taking over ;-)

Which Queen City as you located in?

Brine said:

Yep. I've heard it said time and again that Lanier is the best spotted bass fishery in the country. I don't know if it is the best striper fishery, but it is purty darn close. Dang shame I don't head up there more often than I do, seeing as Allatoona is a pretty pitiful spot lake, and Largemouth aren't any fun to catch (plus there are hardly any of those in the Dead Sea - the one in my avatar is not a regular occurrence).

bassboy1 said:
Brine said:

Yep. I've heard it said time and again that Lanier is the best spotted bass fishery in the country. I don't know if it is the best striper fishery, but it is purty darn close. Dang shame I don't head up there more often than I do, seeing as Allatoona is a pretty pitiful spot lake, and Largemouth aren't any fun to catch (plus there are hardly any of those in the Dead Sea - the one in my avatar is not a regular occurrence).

Whenever you any of you Gawga Boys want to go I got an extra seat for ya. I go pretty much every Fruday morning and sometimes more. Usually the wife goes but she wouldnt have a problem sleeping in every now and then, trust me!

Troutman3000 said:
bassboy1 said:
Brine said:

Whenever you any of you Gawga Boys want to go I got an extra seat for ya. I go pretty much every Fruday morning and sometimes more. Usually the wife goes but she wouldnt have a problem sleeping in every now and then, trust me!

I may take you up on that. Are the whites schooling up Lanier right now, as they are on 'Toona? It's a blast to go out there for about an hour from first sunlight, and chase schooling whites around, often catching on every cast. The action is usually gone after about an hour, once the sun gets a little higher, so you can't make a trip out of it, but starting the day with them before moving on sure is fun.

Latest posts