Last trip of the year

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

switchback

Reaction score
Well I took a buddy to the lake today and caught a few drum, a few small largemouth and about 5 sand bass. Around 3 o'clock we were getting so hot we decidided to hit one last spot, that we were close to before hitting the boat ramp. I thought I hit a stump on bottom until I felt a hard yank. I fought it a min. and knew it was a big fish. Then we saw it roll. I got it to the side of the boat and my buddy grabbed him for me. After my best fish of 7 lbs. last year this is now my best at 8.14. It was an awesome ending of the last fishing trip of the season for me.

Here's a few pics........

8.14 bass 6 (Small).jpg
DSC00626 (Small).JPG
DSC00631 (Small).JPG

WTG =D> =D> =D> what a beautiful fish... healthy too... she gonna produce lots more babies for that body of water...JIGGY

Nice lunker!

Andy said:
... It'd probably go close to 13.....
Negative. I saw a study where eggs only add fractions of a pound and in some huge bass around a pound of weight. A bass gaining more than half its weight in the spring is not going to happen.

Thanks guys. I love fishing later into the year but I also like dove,deer and turkey hunting. So I try to get in as much as I can all round. I just got lucky on this one at the last minute. Wish all of you luck and Try those crank baits off the points (slow rolling them). That's how I caught this one. They love that dirt cloud kicking up off the bottom :mrgreen:

Latest posts