LED Light strips for night fishing - Now with Pictures!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i used the led strip lights to light up the inside of my boat. theyre crazy bright. i got 2 17 foot rolls for under $20 a few rolls of 3m and it worked awesome. first try adding pics so they might not show

Attachments

• light roll.jpg
    light roll.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 1,525
  • frontlight.jpg
    frontlight.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 1,525
  • fullboatlight.jpg
    fullboatlight.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 1,525
  • throtlelight.jpg
    throtlelight.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 1,525
Those are nice. how bad are the bugs with those on? I did notice that all the bugs with my blacklights were down below the side and not all up in the face, which is nice..Thats one thing I dont like about night fishing is the mosquitos and moths around the lights. I'm a big mosquito magnet, the love me..

bugs were horrible!! i now also keep one of those big off candles right next to my seat. i usually only turn them on as needed but even when theyre on for a min or 2 its like the bat signal for bugs. also lights up the ramp so u can back down, a lil snow blind from staring into them

hows the double sided tape working out for mounting? i had gotten something similar and cant think of any other way of mounting i want them low pro and inconspicuous they all have double sided tape on them and that seems fine but to how well they will hold i have my doubts i was thinking something like hot glue or silicone or something? i got some nav lights green and red strips then white light for the inside any ideas

its been well over like 6 months i use it pretty much every weekend rain or shine been in the 20s all week and the tape is fine. its a 3m outdoors double sided taped supposed to hold like 10 lbs a sq in or something. had to resoder one of the light strips though. wasnt really plan on takin my decks off 13 times after putting the lights off but u know how things go

cyberflexx said:
Those are nice. how bad are the bugs with those on? I did notice that all the bugs with my blacklights were down below the side and not all up in the face, which is nice..Thats one thing I dont like about night fishing is the mosquitos and moths around the lights. I'm a big mosquito magnet, the love me..[/qu
On the show Moonshiners i saw this guy spray himself with Listerine to keep bugs away...has anyone tried this before ? :shock:

DanMC said:
cyberflexx said:
Those are nice. how bad are the bugs with those on? I did notice that all the bugs with my blacklights were down below the side and not all up in the face, which is nice..Thats one thing I dont like about night fishing is the mosquitos and moths around the lights. I'm a big mosquito magnet, the love me..[/qu
On the show Moonshiners i saw this guy spray himself with Listerine to keep bugs away...has anyone tried this before ? :shock:

it works... just make sure to use the gold Listerine. If you spray it around your face, be careful when you take that first breath, it will almost knock you out

I chose red LEDs to keep my night vision and hopefully keep some of the bugs away..

2013-01-30_10-45-01_952_zpsf5b7914a.jpg

2013-01-30_10-43-33_968_zpsb2590c62.jpg

2013-02-18_18-28-21_354_zpsbd81ab14.jpg

2013-02-18_18-28-13_744_zps4ddc88b7.jpg

2013-02-18_18-25-40_467_zps207350bf.jpg

2013-02-18_18-26-08_620_zps3177263f.jpg

shallowminedid said:
its been well over like 6 months i use it pretty much every weekend rain or shine been in the 20s all week and the tape is fine. its a 3m outdoors double sided taped supposed to hold like 10 lbs a sq in or something. had to resoder one of the light strips though. wasnt really plan on takin my decks off 13 times after putting the lights off but u know how things go

Sorry it has been a whilte since i returned to this post.. life gets in the way sometimes.

I had to use some superglue on my strips to help tack them down as overtime they started to come a little loose.

This season, I plan on making a super bright head light as my automotive fog lamps must have been drawing too much current last time we were out as we smelled a hint of plastic melting as we were heading back to the boat ramp. When I do that project, I'll add that information to this link. It will be a month or so before I begin working on that.

My Skiff is now in a storage unit as my friend is no longer in the home with the garage since he had moved. I am working on getting a power outlet installed in my unit so I can use my battery charger. Luckily for me, the storage unit is 2 miles away, and I can put some of my other things in there as well.

Question for you on the auto fog-lights. Did you use a relay? If not, that plastic burning odor is the switch, especially if these lights came in a kit. The switch is not rated to handle the load of the lights. The intent is to switch a relay, the relay pulls power from the battery for the lights.

Hanr3 said:
Question for you on the auto fog-lights. Did you use a relay? If not, that plastic burning odor is the switch, especially if these lights came in a kit. The switch is not rated to handle the load of the lights. The intent is to switch a relay, the relay pulls power from the battery for the lights.

My lights were mounted to a small section of 2x4 board then I just had my lights rigged positive / Negative to a 12 volt lighter socket plug. On the front of the boat is a 12v outlet that I installed for cell phone chargers, lights, or anything like that. I bet you hit the nail on the head as I did not have a relay or anything. My biggest concern is that I might have melted wire under the decking. I think I used 12 or 14 gauge wire on that outlet but I can't remember.