Livewell

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took it in to fabricator and he really liked the mockup.

His only issue was the intake out the side of the Jon boat instead of the transom. He's worried we won't draft enough water for the intake line.
Anyone have any suggestions on this about the intake out the side toward the bottom on the jon boat?

Visited the shop today and got the final details hammered out. We're going from the transom with the pump, with the line under the floor at the center. One access hole in side of seat for both recirc pump and the overflow/drain out the hull. so basically all the plumbing will be on the left side of the tank.
He was carrying around the mockup like a kid with a stuffed animial....he really liked it and made it easy for both of us to be on the same page....and he can refer to it during the build for reference.

This is what I was talking about as a temporary solution to make sure I want a livewell.
https://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product__10151_-1_10051_1293____SearchResults

Can they round the corners so that the bait fish won't stick their noses in the corners and die?? This happens a lot with herring.

We often mount the bilge pump on the transom with a pick up so that when you are under way the water is scooped up and the pump isn’t even needed. Once you stop the transom is lower in the water and the pump will provide the circulating water.

Jay415 said:
This is what I was talking about as a temporary solution to make sure I want a livewell.
https://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product__10151_-1_10051_1293____SearchResults

I was going that route with my cooler until I put the cooler in the boat and realized it was just in the way. But for your built in one, that should work fine. Matter of fact I bought the rule pump some suction cups and hardware to make it happen, but now they are just sitting in a box...you can make your own kit cheaper out of pvc and a 500gph pump.

surfman said:
Can they round the corners so that the bait fish won't stick their noses in the corners and die?? This happens a lot with herring.

Yes, you can have them make it any way you want...everything costs money though. I am not having my bait run free as I am putting them in a Bait Tamer which I will just throw in the livewell so I'm not spending the extra $$ for the rounded corners....fabricator just increased the $$ after we went thru everything (I added a recirc pump, having him add outlet for my bilge and we're installing a tank light as well, so I'm not all that happy about that, but going thru with it anyway.

After reading about Jay415 build, I ordered the Henry 263 carpet adhesive, Polyester Resin, Piano hinges, switch panel, and quick release seat clamps, Picked up the CDX exterior plywood and angle aluminum today along with pop rivets...this build is not going to be cheap, but it's going to be functional and hopefully add usefulness and resale value to the boat. [-o<
All I will have left to buy is carpet, hatch handles and the re-circulation pump timer.

Latest posts