Looking to TRADE up 15HP for a 25HP - 15HP Johnson Low Hours

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HRalston

Reaction score
I have a 2002 Johnson 15HP 2 stroke short shaft with low hours looking to trade for something a little bigger. The motor belonged to my grandfather until about 6 months ago. He took excellent care of it and only used it as an emergency kicker on his fishing boat and occasionally on a jon in the creeks. I recently spent $300 for a full service - all new fluids, new impeller kit, cleaned carbs, etc. It has electric start but it's not currently working, don't know if it'd be a pain to fix or not I have not looked into it (this is the ONLY thing wrong with this motor) I have the manual for it too. I am the second owner of this motor.

I am looking for a 20-25, preferably 25 and electric start. I will consider either 2 or 4 strokes- I am still on the fence on 4 stroke versus 2 stroke on a small boat. We have a 150 Yamaha 4 stroke on our bigger boat and it has been an amazing motor but I don't like the idea of all that added weight and cost.

If anyone has a 20 or 25 short shaft and would be willing to make a trade I will consider all options. Ideally I'd like to get one newer that the Johnson but I'll consider anything.

Just PM me or respond here. Would love some advice/helr from others as well

I'll try to get some pics up soon.

Thanks in advance!

Latest posts