Lost reports

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr.fish

Reaction score
Lately I been so lazy between fishing and work, I haven't really found a chance to upload some pics and post a report or 2. The last week or so been pretty slow as far as bass fishing. My local river been muddy almost a week now, and is really putting a damper on the smallmouth fishing. Last week was very hit or miss. One night I would hit 20 to 30 fish, and the follwing night, only a dink or 2. The numbers have been descent, but I'm lacking when it comes to bigger beefy fish.

One of the bigger smallies of 4 nights
Picture1749.jpg

Even mixed in a eye
Picture1752.jpg

Last weekend was another miss as far as good trips. I wanted to target some toothy critters at a local lake for some time now. After a crappy weekend, I meet up with a friend Joe, and it was off to the lake after work for a quick shot at a musky. I threw just about my arm at em with not one taker. Joe switches up halfway through wading, and ties up some plastics. Almost immediately he is on some smaller bass. I gave up on the big crankbaits, and tie up a 8" giant tube. Very first cast Joe is making fun of me due to the size of that plastic. Just as he laughs from a giant splash of water, I hooked up. My first reaction was "i got a musky", and then a piggy largemouth emerges for a jump or 2. I don't know what that bass was thinking when she sucked back that bait.

21" 7lb 1oz taken on a baby bass 8" giant tube
Picture1740.jpg

Joes biggest of the trip 17"
Picture1739.jpg

This afternoon was not much different. I hit up a local area of river, that in my eyes, gets hammered day in and day out just a little to much. I can always count on a bigger fish if the flow is just right though. In just under 2 hours or so, I had lost 3 x raps, and about 10 or so assorted plastics. However the ratio of fish was not as good, with only about 15 or so fish landed.

Biggest this afternoon. 16"
Picture1754.jpg

Nice fishing.
How do you rig up an 8" tube,I think I see a jig head?
A #5 hook still would be small?

Zum said:
Nice fishing.
How do you rig up an 8" tube,I think I see a jig head?
A #5 hook still would be small?
I just throw a 1 1/2 ounce 8/0 jig head in them. The jigheads always give a tube a better swim, no matter what the size

Latest posts