Lowe 1436 mod and resto FINISHED NEW PICS!!!!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With 3 years to think about the name I chose for my boat, I decided I dont really wanna put "Slab Assassin" on the side of my boat. I dunno if I want to put anything on it actually. Anyhow, Ive updated my thread title to reflect that.

Just about got this puppy finished up. Ive been working on it from morning to night every weekend for the past few weekends. I got all my panels built, carpeted and installed and most of my electronics installed. All I have left to do is wire up my bilge and make and install my 3 hatch doors. I'll get that done this weekend. I have to as I'm scheduled for inspection next Wed the 10th. Once I get my inspection, I can get ahold of bulldog and order my lettering and she'll be ready for the water!! I also purchased a used transom saver on CL for 7 bucks. Its a bit too long so I'll modify it slightly.

I took a couple pics with my phone. I havnt posted pics from my phone before so I'll get those posted if I can figure it out. Otherwise, I'll get it out of the garage this weekend and have finished pics!!

You make me proud to be a fisherman. If you find yourself in Southern Virginia, send me a message. You're welcome on my boat anytime.

Build turned out nice. Some of the cleanest electrical work shown on this site.

Thanks man!! The wireing was the hardest part for me. I dont have alot of electrical knowledge but I catch on fast. It wouldnt even be close to looking that nice if not for TinBoats!!

She's finally done!!! Three years later, but its done!! The water is just strating to warm up and I'll actually be on the water when the crappies start to get hot. I have inspection on Wed. morning and then I'll order my registration numbers from bulldog. I also purchased a used transom saver on CL that needs to be slightly modded to fit. I'll get that done one evening this week and get that motor a little further from the ground. Other than that, shes done!! I'm so excited to not have to fish on the bank anymore. Its been way too long since Ive had a boat.

Oh, you may notice in the pics, my large hatch isnt quite flush. I need to make a little adjustment there but no big deal.

DSC01621.JPG

DSC01622.JPG

DSC01623.JPG

DSC01624.JPG

Boat looks good. You did a great job. You have the same switch panel I do. Which Hummingbird fish finder is that? How many feet of aluminum angle did your build take?

Very nice. Exactly what I would like to do.

Two things I liked:
I have no reason for camo...but the idea of doing it to mask "imperfections" in the aluminum makes great sense.
You did the mod adding floor/carpet without changing bench height or stability...probably improved it with weight of floor below waterline.

You might find a twin of it up in MA some day....

RStewart said:
Boat looks good. You did a great job. You have the same switch panel I do. Which Hummingbird fish finder is that? How many feet of aluminum angle did your build take?
Thanks. The FF is a 385ci. Its the color model with built in gps and mapping. I used 32' of 1x1x1/8 and about 40' of 1x1x1/16.
Pdk111 said:
Very nice. Exactly what I would like to do.

Two things I liked:
I have no reason for camo...but the idea of doing it to mask "imperfections" in the aluminum makes great sense.
You did the mod adding floor/carpet without changing bench height or stability...probably improved it with weight of floor below waterline.

You might find a twin of it up in MA some day....
I have no reason for camo either, I just like it, lol. It hides dings and dents very well though!! I kept the floor low for stabillity. Im a bigger guy and I plan to take my 5 year old with me so tippy wont work for me. Copy away!! Glad you like it!!

=D> Just wanted to say Great Job! very touching story, and I know how life can get in the way sometimes. you give me hope, as im 2 yrs into my build.... but theres not a day that goes by that i dont go out and stare at it. lol! very clean boat, i really like your camo job. good luck on them slabs. we caught about 50 last sat between 6 of us, biggest being about 13" but there not on over here yet.

PitFishin' said:
=D> Just wanted to say Great Job! very touching story, and I know how life can get in the way sometimes. you give me hope, as im 2 yrs into my build.... but theres not a day that goes by that i dont go out and stare at it. lol! very clean boat, i really like your camo job. good luck on them slabs. we caught about 50 last sat between 6 of us, biggest being about 13" but there not on over here yet.
Thanks. I know what you mean. My wife caught me many times just staring at my boat. Stick with it. Youll get her done eventually.
Andyg said:
Nice rig, Classic Sea Horse outboard?
Thanks. Yep its a 1956 Johnson QD 17 that runs like a brand spankin new one!!

Latest posts