Lowe 1436 Project Finally Finished! *New Pics!* 7/10/2010

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great job. I'm interested to read more about the aeration system you installed in your livewell. I have a similar livewell in my boat and have been toying with ideas to make it more functional.

BaitCaster said:
Great job. I'm interested to read more about the aeration system you installed in your livewell. I have a similar livewell in my boat and have been toying with ideas to make it more functional.
Hello. Thanks. The livewell was a very affordable and easy project. I still use the gravity feed in the livewell but I have added an aeration circulation pump, aeration head (adjustable spray) and an aerator screen on the pumps intake to filter out debris. I placed the head on one end at the top corner of the livewell and the intake at the bottom corner on the other end of the livewell. The reason that I did this was that the suction of the intake would pull the aerated water through the entire length of the livewell. I also used styrofoam insulation to help keep the water cooler inside the livewell. I placed it on the back side and underneath the livewell. I also painted the inside of the livewell with white plastic coat spray paint. This was also to help keep the temp down in the livewell. I think the total cost was around $45. It consisted of the pump, the head (with adjustable spray), the screen and some heavy duty plastic tubing and styrofoam for insulation as well as a can of white Plastic Coat spray paint. Good luck with your project! Please post pics? I would like to see them.

free jonboat said:
looks great man 8) if you want 2 save 20 or so bucks, you can make your own tiller extension. i made mine out of some pvc pipe, a sawed off hockey stick and a c-clamp. heres mine
Thank you. Also, thanks for the idea on the extension handle.

Hi Jerry, I have a 1980 lowe line 1436 boat which is the same as the newer model. I have a few questions. What was the size plywood for deck and stern and Floor? Is there any support under the floor? Also is the front platform screwed to the stringers and the height of the frame for the front. One last question what kind of carpet is that? Yes i know I have alot of questions but i want to duplicate your build. Any help would be apreciated
Thanks Sam

Jerry,

I love what you did on your transformation. It's virtually identical to what I've been thinking of for my 1436.

2 questions;
How is the lateral stability?
I'm trying to work through how to plumb my livewell. It sounds like yours is plumbed fairly simply. Would you mind confirming that you have a screened intake below the waterline that splits and goes into the bottom of your livewell with the other branch going to your aerator and to the top. Do you have an overfill drain? It sounds like this gravity feed design brings the water level to the same depth as the draw of the boat... is there enough water in the livewell?

Thanks for your continued assistance, your work looks awesome. Great design.
Doubles

Latest posts