Making Baits!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Ahab

Reaction score
Just put in my order for molds, plastics and all the goodies to start pouring soft plastics!

Get ready - I will be sending samples

I'm just as happy seeing all of these amazing baits ya'll make, and maybe testing a few out :D . Really though, the baits ya'll make are amazing

BassAddict1976 said:
When i saw your post on doing your own tubes I knew youd be hooked, let me know if you need a field tester, ill be willing to scrafice my time for ya :) hehehehe

me too!

Me and Shinerman77 got into making 4" brush hogs a little over a month ago, once we get a formula that actually starts catching fish for us we will be sending em out to some forum members for field testing too

Got my stuff today - poured the 1st round of 4" worms and 3.5" Tubes. Of course I made them in the colors that I use the most for each

I am pretty happy with the consistency, sink rate and colors, but I will be experimenting after a few field tests :)

Super_Dave_Bait_001.jpg

Super_Dave_Bait_002.jpg

Nice color, this is my go to color too, almost all my fish I catch on green pumpkin because its my cofidence color. The sticks looks soft as $%^, I cant wait till i can afford the stick kit. All in all nice first pour, keep it up

I am still experimenting with softness and colors - got some awesome chocolate colored tubes going then I burned my plastic! :oops:

Now I am making softer tubes in a milk chocolate color w/ dark flake - they look really sweet as well.

academia-barilla-gourmet-chocolate-mousse.jpg

esquired said:
I am still experimenting with softness and colors - got some awesome chocolate colored tubes going then I burned my plastic! :oops:

Now I am making softer tubes in a milk chocolate color w/ dark flake - they look really sweet as well.

academia-barilla-gourmet-chocolate-mousse.jpg

30 seconds then stir till you learn how fast your microwave will cook the plastic. Im trying to make some coffee colored brush hogs, so far im close but not perfect. Maybe we can exchange recipes

I have poured about 50 tubes so far and about the same number of 4" stick baits. Got some good colors and softness going on and I am gonna give them a test tonight.

The one thing I do not like is that becuase I only purchased mold for personal use, the 4" senko type baits have a flat spot - I am sure they will catch fish, but they do not look as pretty as I would like.

Anyone who wants to help me test is welcome to some :shock:

esquired said:
I have poured about 50 tubes so far and about the same number of 4" stick baits. Got some good colors and softness going on and I am gonna give them a test tonight.

The one thing I do not like is that becuase I only purchased mold for personal use, the 4" senko type baits have a flat spot - I am sure they will catch fish, but they do not look as pretty as I would like.

Anyone who wants to help me test is welcome to some :shock:
I'm in! Just tell me when you're ready to give them out!

Latest posts