Mariner Tracker, ProSeries, 40 HP, Two Main Questions

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

countryboy210

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
I Have "Lost" Two Combination Low Oil/High Temp Warning Modules On This Motor. The First $98 Module Was About 2-3 Years Ago, The Current One At The End Of Last Fall.

This Motor Mixes The Oil And Gasoline, With The Oil Tank "Hidden" Under The Cowl/Cover, And Straight Gas Into The Main Tank. Both Times Now, The Oil Got Down To The Warning Level ( Approx 1/4 Tank Of Oil Still In Sight ), BUT, The Beeper Comes On Steady, Which The Manual States Is High Temp Warning; A Beep On/Off Is The Low Oil Warning. Disconnecting The Brown w/ Black Tracer Wire Is The Book's Test To Confirm A Dead-Defective Module.

Question #1 - Can/Should I Bypass The Mixing Pump And Make This A True "Blue-Blooded" Premix Motor?

Question #2 - If I Do Bypass, What Type Of Temp Gauge & Sending Unit Would You Suggest To Take The Place Of The Beeper And Module?

I have and know lots of people around here that get rid of the oil pump and just run pre mix.
That being said,I've read on other forums that people would rather keep there pump,seeing that is what the motor was enginered to use.Some people worry about there carb needing to be cleaned more often because now pre mix fuel is going through it,instead of straight gas.I'll I can tell you is, I havn't had any problems running without the oil pump.
I'm sure others will chime in with there opinions.

Zum said:
Some people worry about there carb needing to be cleaned more often because now pre mix fuel is going through it,instead of straight gas.
Thats a new one. I doubt there is any validity to it. As for keeping or getting rid of the oil pump, it is a matter of how well you trust it to perform everytime. If you doubt its capability, bypass it. If you feel that it still functions correctly, as do the warning buzzers, keep it. I can't tell you my opinion, as that varies with each individual motor, based on condition, and I haven't seen yours in person.