McNealy with my nephew

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alumacraftjoe

Reaction score
Hit a local lake with my nephew today. Got on the water a little after 8am and fished until 2:30. Temp 72 when we started and I wish it stayed that way :mrgreen: By the time we left in the mid 90's. Water temps down to 82.5 when we started and 84.5 when we left. Last Sunday this lake was at 91 degrees. Caught lots of fish ... plenty of dinks and about 40 keeper size. We kept 25 for a little fish fry this evening. Mostly gills, but a few redears in the mix. Caught some deep early, but most were taken in the weeds anywhere there were deep pockets. My nephew caught his share, but struggled with the light bite. When fish hit they just moved the cork not one fish ever took it under. He waited to long and wanted to set the hook like he was catching jaws lol... anyway he started to get the hang of it as the day went along. All fish caught on jigs tipped w/ wax worms and redworms and a couple just straight jigs. Enjoy the pics:

Jun072011002.jpg

Jun072011004.jpg

Jun072011006.jpg

Jun072011008.jpg

Jun072011009.jpg

Jun072011010.jpg

Jun072011011.jpg

Jun072011012.jpg

Some pretty cool colors.
I've never eating any,we don't have them species.
Do they taste like perch?

Zum said:
Some pretty cool colors.
I've never eating any,we don't have them species.
Do they taste like perch?

LOL... I have never eaten perch... maybe somebody else will chime in. Only ever caught a perch once and somebody else got it at the fish fry afterward.