Mercury parts online?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks... I'm searching high and low...

Already tried boneyards... An old seal is a real pain to remove intact enough to reuse.. They staple it every 2 inches with some super heavy duty staples to attach it at the factory..

[url=https://forum.tinboats.net/viewtopic.php?p=367091#p367091 said:
marshman » 26 Sep 2014, 18:37[/url]"]Thanks... I'm searching high and low...

Already tried boneyards... An old seal is a real pain to remove intact enough to reuse.. They staple it every 2 inches with some super heavy duty staples to attach it at the factory..

Yes, you are right about the bone yards. That stapling is why I said go with new, and use tape or glue. Ordering door seal/trim from Chev, Ford, might be another alternative. In the South, we have Auto Parts Warehouse. They are based out of Houston. They carry any and all auto mngfr. parts. Some are OEM, others are aftermarket. Doesn't matter about the aftermarket for what you are wanting. Peterbuilt also has a door weather strip that might work. It's a little easier to handle and form. Whatever you decide, I'm sure it will look good. Watch out for those pre-made door seals with a groove in the middle of the outer edge. Dirt trap if you ask me. Just sayin'.....

Yes, I am the wife of a professional body man that has made his career working on semi trucks, trailers, Prevost, and Entertainers' buses. However, I am the accountant at the same place, thus, knowing the parts, where to buy them, and, thanks to my husband, know how to manufacturer a part from something else. A "girlie-girl", with a little know how, if you will.

Keep us posted on what you do and post pics! I'm sure you will do it right and it will look awesome!:)

Texas

[url=https://forum.tinboats.net/viewtopic.php?p=367091#p367091 said:
marshman » 26 Sep 2014, 18:37[/url]"]Thanks... I'm searching high and low...

Marshman,

Check your PM box for more info.

Marshman,

Peterbuilt door gaskets and hood gaskets are $$$. Never mind!! :?

Sent you more info in your pm box about one on ebay.

Keith