Minn Kota onboard charger (2 bank)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rellis1962

Reaction score
I just installed an on board charger for my AGM batteries. Minn Kota 2-bank. Questions is can I just connect to bat terminals and leave all else connected to bats as well? I know I should not be running any electrical stuff while charging but do I need to disconnect things from the battery before charging? Instructions say to leave the connecting wire for my series batteries connected (I have a 24v system) it also says to disconnect the ground. Not sure if that means only if you have it grounded to the boat, which I don't. I thought I have read that you can leave everything connected as long as nothing is running or on.

Based on your post, your instruction manual is telling you to leave the batteries connected to each other, but having you remove the ground for everything else, thereby disconnecting everything else.

My suggestion is to buy and install an inline switch to make it easy for you to disconnect everything else. Should be available locally at any Marine sales outfit.

Leave everything in place, even the jumper for the 24v system. I've never seen one that requires you to disconnect anything. I've only worked with Minn Kota 3 bank ones, and now a Minn Kota single bank one. The instructions and precautions on all of them have been exactly the same.

Latest posts