Mirrorcraft 14 Deep Fisherman

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For sure, I only have a few small things to do now......this weekend its going to blow so its time to mess with the engine. I put the trailer on hold for a bit so I can do it right....its road worthy now. You coming down this way again? I am going marlin fishing the weekend of april 7th......weather permitting. I cant wait to put this thing to bed. I plan on giving this boat to my step-son so I can get a bigger one. :shock:

I made a bonhead mistake this weekend while I was finishing up the rear casting deck. I cut all the holes for my new hatches and one hole for my gas tank which will be a wood hatch. I plunge cut all of the openings and everything worked perfect. I pulled everything off to finish up some bulkheads under the rear casting deck. I did not mark my wood hatch and ended up cutting that board into the bulkheads..........argggggg :evil: Imagine my surprise when I put the casting deck back on and could not find my wood hatch door.........duhhhhhh i just cut it in half to make the bulkheads........that was a twenty dollar mistake$$$$. Oh well at least I did not coat the wood yet....and now I have the perfect template. On a side note I did finish the wiring and the chart plotter is working. The lesson learned would be to mark all of the cut pieces so you don't cut them for something else..I bet I spent over an hour measuring the holes to make sure the cuts would be right......I nominate myself Bonehead of the day.......... :lol:

Attachments

• imagejpeg_2 (80).jpg
    imagejpeg_2 (80).jpg
    441 KB · Views: 690
That’s part of the process bro, :LOL2:

The other week I built a square tube frame to raise my console up. I made it tall enough to put a battery under. But after I was done, “about 3 hours later” I realized it was going to be way too tall. Now I have to drill all of the rivets out and cut it down. It happens. :mrgreen:

Here are a few pics from last weekend. I am now installing latches, hinges, lights, hatches. I am so close now, I still need to secure the back casting deck and bolt on the antenna, and FF. I am still undecided on how to install the transducer....I really want to go thru the hull with the bolts, but not sure if the location will be proper. I really don't want to drill the holes twice. For those that have put the PVC board on the hull, does the 5200 really hold the board on? I am concerned the 5200 will not stick to the paint, suggestions please.

Attachments

• imagejpeg_2 (82).jpg
    imagejpeg_2 (82).jpg
    363.1 KB · Views: 656
  • imagejpeg_2 (83).jpg
    imagejpeg_2 (83).jpg
    294.7 KB · Views: 656
  • imagejpeg_2 (84).jpg
    imagejpeg_2 (84).jpg
    348.4 KB · Views: 656
  • imagejpeg_2 (85).jpg
    imagejpeg_2 (85).jpg
    376.1 KB · Views: 656
  • imagejpeg_2 (86).jpg
    imagejpeg_2 (86).jpg
    480.5 KB · Views: 656
  • imagejpeg_2 (87).jpg
    imagejpeg_2 (87).jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 656
  • imagejpeg_2 (88).jpg
    imagejpeg_2 (88).jpg
    403 KB · Views: 656
  • imagejpeg_2 (89).jpg
    imagejpeg_2 (89).jpg
    229 KB · Views: 656
bigwave said:
Here are a few pics from last weekend. I am now installing latches, hinges, lights, hatches. I am so close now, I still need to secure the back casting deck and bolt on the antenna, and FF. I am still undecided on how to install the transducer....I really want to go thru the hull with the bolts, but not sure if the location will be proper. I really don't want to drill the holes twice. For those that have put the PVC board on the hull, does the 5200 really hold the board on? I am concerned the 5200 will not stick to the paint, suggestions please.

I installed mine last weekend using 3/4" thick cutting board material. I did not trust just 5200 alone so I put 2 bolts through the board to hold it on, but if I need to make any adjustments or add anything else I don't have to drill more holes in the hull.

How long are you looking at till splash date? We gotta get the west coast slam tin boat tournament going

I might sneak out later this week......night time snookin....the big girls are starting to stage on the flats as we speak. I really cant wait to see how the boat rides with the new configuration. A friend called me last night and said his buddy has a 40 horse 3 cylinder yamy with a short shaft and ss prop. Could you imagine a 40 on this thing.......Countrydave your in my head.....could it be done? Its only money......... :shock:

I installed mine last weekend using 3/4" thick cutting board material. I did not trust just 5200 alone so I put 2 bolts through the board to hold it on, but if I need to make any adjustments or add anything else I don't have to drill more holes in the hull.

How did you secure the transducer to the starboard? Lag screws or concealed bolt from the back of the board itself?

Stainless steel screws

48315C01-CA2E-4232-9D37-FD1A50BCEC94-8269-00000A1F4438D746_zps88feb25b.jpg

She looks amazing Bigwave! I can't wait to see her on the water. I think I'm going to steal every mod you've made :) I would jump on that 40hp 3-cyl Yami while you can. As you know, they're practically worth their weight in gold here in FL and that little boat would fly! Shoot even if you never use it, you may be able to flip it from some coin, if you can get it for the right price. Good luck on the splash. Keep us posted.

P.S.
Between your similar avatars and builds, it's hard to tell Bigwave from Countrydave. One of y'all has gotta get a new pic, or something :)

Give it time.....If the grand prix was not this weekend I would be able to provide a new pic with a bigger snook than Daves :mrgreen: ...........they are really chewing right now. Hey dave what you think about the 40hp......it might be too heavy, but one can never have enough engines.

bigwave said:
Give it time.....If the grand prix was not this weekend I would be able to provide a new pic with a bigger snook than Daves :mrgreen: ...........they are really chewing right now. Hey dave what you think about the 40hp......it might be too heavy, but one can never have enough engines.

Brother I don’t think it’s too big for that boat. I know it’s only 14ft but it looks pretty wide and also looks pretty stout. Go for it. I like big motors………………………….. :mrgreen:
O and keep dreaming about a bigger snook. :LOL2:

If the price is right and it runs well I might just do it. I cant have ya'll leaving me in the dust with your big ole boats........I think when you finish yours we should organize the first west coast get together, or east coast depending on where everyone wants to meet.

bigwave said:
If the price is right and it runs well I might just do it. I cant have ya'll leaving me in the dust with your big ole boats........I think when you finish yours we should organize the first west coast get together, or east coast depending on where everyone wants to meet.

Yeh man I want to do that………………………. :mrgreen:

The light are awsume !!!I have some for the front of mine . I'm gona have to get more . Great job man!!! :beer:

Latest posts