Mirrorcraft 14 Deep Fisherman

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bigwave said:
Country Dave said:
Hey brother I hope you get the problem with your Johnson straighten out. Parton the pun…. :LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2:
Hey come on down and fool4fish and I can show you how to catch some BIG snook. :mrgreen:

Sorry Dave your not in the club, he is on my team......... :mrgreen:

Ok bro,

BB and I against you and fool4fish. It’s on. :mrgreen: I know where they live. So Biggest fish, most fish, combination? How do you want to lose. :LOL2:

bigwave said:
Country Dave said:
Hey Big I just looked at the pick of your boat in the water again and I think I see a slot size snook in the shadow line under the doc on your port side. :LOL22:
Very funny.......its not a snook. It is a 30lb jewfish, I feed him all the time when I dump my livewell.......The big snook are just around the corner of this marina......soon my friend I will be changing my avatar. I cant wait to actually meet you guys.....you should drive up with BB and come on up to my shop tomorrow. The fishing is on fire over here right now. A 57lb king was caught a couple of day ago, the flats don't get any better. Snook,Reds,Gator Trout, you name it, its biting.

Brother I wish I could to short of notice though. Maybe Saturday for the weigh in. Going to my grandsons’ baseball game Sat morning. You still fishing the tournament? Hey looking forward to meeting you as well.

Wish me luck.....the parts arrived. Looks like the lower unit will be coming off. I bought the whole kit.....I probably do not need to replace everything, but I want to make sure I only have to do this once.

Attachments

• imagejpeg_2 (91).jpg
    imagejpeg_2 (91).jpg
    386 KB · Views: 809
I am pretty sure the line opens at 4 pm on Saturday, all anglers must be in line by 5pm. If the weather is good it will take several hours to weigh everything. They have several food vendors and 3 beer trucks.......or just find me in line, we always have cold frostys in the cooler. :lol: They are expecting over 300 boats in this tournament.

bigwave said:
I am pretty sure the line opens at 4 pm on Saturday, all anglers must be in line by 5pm. If the weather is good it will take several hours to weigh everything. They have several food vendors and 3 beer trucks.......or just find me in line, we always have cold frostys in the cooler. :lol: They are expecting over 300 boats in this tournament.

Big it’s going to be close,

It’s going to take me about 4 1/2 hours to run up there; it’s going to be a last minute decision. It all depends on what time the boys games are over.

Man I used to fish every year out of John's pass, on family vacations. Love that area...but trying to fathem where they are going to park 300 boats!!! I guess you could trailer...

Sounds like a good time, hope you catch some hogs wave!

bigwave said:
Here is the first pic of the boat in the water, although I had a setback on the impeller the boat definatly feels lighter than the original configuration. The motor sat for two years so now I need to work all the bugs out.

that looks real nice!!! =D>

I just completed my second sea trial. I spent the better part of two days taking out my old water pump and replacing with new. I only took the boat out for a few test laps and finally got the boat up on plane. I got speeds of 23.4 against a 15kt wind and 25.8 with the wind. I ran the boat for probably 15 mins and took her back to the ramp. I installed my transducer correctly no rooster tail. At WOT the prop was throwing a bit of water with my engine bracket on the second notch. I figure that with at bit of adjustments to the engine trim and a couple more hours of running around and I could get a bit more speed. I am very happy with how the hull rides.....I still want to rebuild the carb and mess with the engine. The engine sat for over two years and still has some cobwebs to work out. The new water pump has the engine peeing like a race horse =D> I plan on taking it back out tomorrow with a few adjustments and I need to put my bow cleat on....forgot to do that #-o Oh yea....the little plastic piece that goes into the power head for the cooling was clogged, I will always check that part each time I change the impeller. Now its time for a beer

Attachments

• imagejpeg_2 (19).jpg
    imagejpeg_2 (19).jpg
    440.1 KB · Views: 1,171
Here is a quick shot of the boat all lit up, should be able to see it from space 8)

Attachments

• imagejpeg_2 (20).jpg
    imagejpeg_2 (20).jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 1,161
With all the mods you have done wave and the added weight it may not be a bad idea to get an RPM reading at WOT to see if you need to drop down in propeller pitch

How do I check the rpm.......I am open to suggestions on the prop pitch.....I really have no clue when it comes to the prop setup. I remember fool4fish had a mini tac, is that what I need to get? I am satisfied with the speed, but I do not want to hurt the engine. I just changed the plugs and I am thinking of doing the carb, I might pay someone to do that. Looks like my next homework project will be prop pitch and carb rebuild. I believe that this engine has all the original parts since it was manufactured.....so a carb job will be in the mix soon. The engine ran good and the plugs were not too oily....I will take a pic later of the old plugs. I did notice a little bit of oil forward of the butterfly valve, is that normal?

Johny25 said:
With all the mods you have done wave and the added weight it may not be a bad idea to get an RPM reading at WOT to see if you need to drop down in propeller pitch
I know the hull has some weight, but it really does feel lighter than the original configuration......all the wood was rotted and the foam was soaked. Thanks for the help Johnny

Here are a couple of more pics of my boat on my favorite island. The boat ran good and I put a good 2hrs on the motor. This is one of the reasons I love living in Florida.

Attachments

• imagejpeg_2.jpg
    imagejpeg_2.jpg
    387.9 KB · Views: 1,135
  • island pic.jpg
    island pic.jpg
    373 KB · Views: 1,135

Latest posts