Mirrorcraft 14 Deep Fisherman

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wave, just went through 18 pages of this thread.... =D> =D>

I am just starting mine and will be using your aluminum framing ideas...so you may have a few questions coming your way in the future. Overall your rig is sharp, the lights are pretty cool too. I also like the transem rebuild/mod..good work.

Cant wait to see pics in action, hoped there would be some on page 18 haha.

Good one Dobsonfly, I talked to the guy, he had the motor sleeved and blueprinted.....he said it was better than new and wanted 1800 for it......I am not going to pay that much for it... I will find one some day, I have most everything done on the boat, except for the frosty beverage holders......The hole saw I have is on a huge bit that does not fit any of my drills......the trailer and drink holders are all I have to finish. She is getting wet this weekend, the snook are screaming right now, and the tarpon are showing up on the passes.

Here is the first pic of the boat in the water, although I had a setback on the impeller the boat definatly feels lighter than the original configuration. The motor sat for two years so now I need to work all the bugs out.

Attachments

• imagejpeg_2 (90).jpg
    imagejpeg_2 (90).jpg
    341.7 KB · Views: 999
Looks great Wave! Seeing it finished really makes me want to be finished with mine, but am actually far from it. Boat looks good man!

bigwave said:
Here is the first pic of the boat in the water, although I had a setback on the impeller the boat definatly feels lighter than the original configuration. The motor sat for two years so now I need to work all the bugs out.

Hey bro looks great,

Sorry you’re having problems with your Johnson. :LOL2: My turn to be the funny guy.

So how hard is it to take the impeller out? Someone just told me to put a piece of weed wacker line down the pee hole to make sure it is not clogged. I had the motor on the ears and it peed just fine......took it to the ramp started it up and peed there too, then it just stopped. Any advise on what to do would be appreciated......I am not that good with engines. I really wish I still had my old yammy......I dont like johnson's except mine :p

bigwave said:
So how hard is it to take the impeller out? Someone just told me to put a piece of weed wacker line down the pee hole to make sure it is not clogged. I had the motor on the ears and it peed just fine......took it to the ramp started it up and peed there too, then it just stopped. Any advise on what to do would be appreciated......I am not that good with engines. I really wish I still had my old yammy......I dont like johnson's except mine :p
I would try cleaning out the hole first . It sounds like something run though and clogged it up . I changed an impeller one time and found out I didn't need to :shock: I just had mud clogged in my line . #-o

bigwave said:

The impeller is easy to change if you need to and if it sat for two years it needs it. The impeller dries out shrinks and cracks. Put it in neutral take the bolts out of the lower unit by the cavitation plate don’t forget the one under the anode if equipped. Take the bolts out of the cover it’s pretty easy. Make sure the impeller blades are facing the same way as the old one when it goes back in.

bigwave said:

Looks good Big!!!!!!!!!!! It's about time :D

Yep it sure is, I just ordered the water pump kit, I am going to attempt to change the water pump by myself. I have been researching and looks like its pretty straight forward. One thing that I did notice is how much lighter the boat seems. If you look at the pic, my bow is setting high even with the battery forward. I cant wait to see what kind of speed I get. The boat is very stable. I thought it would be lower in the water since I have three full sheet of plywood and two gallons of poly on it. The aluminum framing really saved on weight. I have to go to the inlaws tonight but should have the pump replaced on thursday. Everything that I have done to this boat was at a snails pace, but the next one will be much faster with the knowledge I have gained from this site. Next on my plate is the 21 Seasquirt..........that one is going to hurt....... :cry: Hey Fish, we need to all meet up and put the smack down on the sea ark boys...... :lol:

Hey brother I hope you get the problem with your Johnson straighten out. Parton the pun…. :LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2:
Hey come on down and fool4fish and I can show you how to catch some BIG snook. :mrgreen:

Hey Big I just looked at the pick of your boat in the water again and I think I see a slot size snook in the shadow line under the doc on your port side. :LOL22:

Country Dave said:
Hey brother I hope you get the problem with your Johnson straighten out. Parton the pun…. :LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2:
Hey come on down and fool4fish and I can show you how to catch some BIG snook. :mrgreen:

Sorry Dave your not in the club, he is on my team......... :mrgreen:

Country Dave said:
Hey Big I just looked at the pick of your boat in the water again and I think I see a slot size snook in the shadow line under the doc on your port side. :LOL22:
Very funny.......its not a snook. It is a 30lb jewfish, I feed him all the time when I dump my livewell.......The big snook are just around the corner of this marina......soon my friend I will be changing my avatar. I cant wait to actually meet you guys.....you should drive up with BB and come on up to my shop tomorrow. The fishing is on fire over here right now. A 57lb king was caught a couple of day ago, the flats don't get any better. Snook,Reds,Gator Trout, you name it, its biting.

Latest posts