More Fun with the Gamefisher

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Ahab

Reaction score
Matt (Gamefisher) and myself hit Lake Galena in the mighty 12' Gamefisher Super Fishing Machine. First, the boat is perfect for Galena, the trolling battery lasts all day and the motor pushes this smaller boat around very nicely. We are able to cast in just about any direction becuase there is not much to get in the way - so there is no "front of the boat" advantage.

Yesterday, we use the anchor to set up withing casting distance of a honey hole and immediately began catching bass. Hot bait was, of course, my hand poured slim worms T-rigged with a bullet weight.

Here are a few:

Matt nailed this chunky bass after we drifted into the hole - no spooking this hungry bass.
Linedroppers_006.jpg

And another:

Linedroppers_0021.jpg

After I lost one on my first cast we moved spots and I was able to land this nice bass on my next cast at the new spot.

Linedroppers_005.jpg

Matt decided to switch up the baits while we worked some submerged structure and hit a nice Channel Cat on a crank bait. The Channel pulled the boat around for a little while which was really cool. We are considering getting rid of the trolling motor and just tying a few catfish on the bow.

Linedroppers_004.jpg

Linedroppers_003.jpg

I caught a few more bass on the same structure:

Linedroppers_0011.jpg

Finally, we moved to the other end of the lake and I managed to catch a smaller bass on my new PC Baits Pointer! What a sweet lure that is!

Nice looking fish!!! looks like it was a good time. I hope to get out tomorrow with my boat. ( I hope lol )

fishnfever

Very nice fish. I know where you were. Seems like that tree is producing pretty well for you. I really have to say, your baits have the best wiggle I have seen in anything not living. Of course anything PC baits is awesome too, I am very jealous of the paint jobs on your lures. You always seem to catch more fish when I'm not around....oh well. Keep up the good work.

Latest posts