Motorguide X3

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kryptonica

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a bow mounted tiller trolling motor and found the Motorguide X3. It seems new and I wanted to know if anyone has one and might say how it compared to the MinnKota Edge. It comes in 45/55# and 50" shaft. I think I prefer the tiller handle to free up space on the small 1648MV I have.

for my transom mount I have a Minnkota, on the bow I run an older Motorguide. It works well but before I picked it up cheap I was shopping for the same price point you are and settled on the edge because of the composite shaft. many friends of mine have had boats pre rigged with motorguides and bent the shafts easily. on the Minn Kota, if you do actually break it they warranty it.

I bought the MG super cheap and I figure when it dies, as much as I do like the foot control I will just adapt a transom mount motor to the bow mount

Thank you for sharing, PBRminer. I think you are right about the major difference between the two brands being the shaft material. MinnKota does warranty their shaft whereas MG appears to not. Instead, the X3 has a "gatorflex360" mount which MG claims flexes on impacts. The X3s rugged looking control head and mount just sold me on the device. I went ahead and ordered the X3 for $275 shipped and I look forward to posting some results.

Latest posts