MV 1648 Markup

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kryptonica

Reaction score
I'd like to craft a front deck extension so that it has open access where the dog can get some shade and add some flooring to my MV1648. Flooring is particularly challenging in the front section because of the changing slope so I've got my mind made up to leave it uncovered. I am considering notching wood(oak/pine) so the floor and deck support rest on the ribs and applying the floor/platform on top of them. I will brace the supports in addition so they don't collapse. The deck will be flush with the front deck so I can mount my seat and operating the TM. I don't have my mind fixed but I'm slowly honing the concept, reading everyone's posts, and welcome your input.

Attachments

• MV-1648 2.jpg
    MV-1648 2.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 493
I have a Tracker Sportsman 1648, which is a MV exactly like you have pictured except mine has a full back bench. I'm going to be extending my front deck back to the rib where the slope of the hull bottom stops, about 16-18" or so. This way I can lay an even floor all the way back to the back bench (I'm removing my middle bench seat). I'm using the front deck extension for dry storage in the middle and storage for my deep cycle and cranking battery on each side. Not sure how important storage is for you, but I'm trying to squeeze out every bit of available space that I can for storage. I'll also be adding storage hatches on each side of my pin mounted back bench seat.

If you search through some of the build threads I know there are several guys that have floored the sloping part of the hull. I don't remember exactly how some of them did it, but I know they had some pretty simple ideas that worked well. Good luck!!

if you used rectangular aluminum tubing that's beefy enough, you could probably get out without using support legs, or at least only using 2 support legs toward the sides leaving room in the middle for dog shade/storage, onlinemetals.com has great prices

regarding the sloped floor:
Step1.jpg

that build is here: https://tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=14907

this picture may be helpful on the front deck:

front7229629.jpg

from here: https://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=334208

Latest posts