my boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seif5034

Reaction score
This is my flatbottom SeaKing. I believe it's a 12' and it's all alum. I bought my boat from my former neighbor for $40. It doesn't leak but has a few dents in the hull. He kept it upside down outside and never covered. I'm sure his kid walked and/or jumped on it. It had some bad old paint on it it was red and yellow before that. I scraped it and repainted frog pad green but didn't do the interior (including the rails). Still holds water well and I took her out fishing. The transom board needs to be replaced but I'm not in much of a hurry because I don't own an outboard yet. I had some old oars that I put new oarlocks on last weekend.

That's all I'm doing for now. When I move-out of my parents house I'll build a casting deck with storage under it and a battery/fuel tank cover. That'll be a few years from now :(

100_0456-1.jpg

Does anyone know of a good website that sells flatbottom trailers?

I don't know of any sites but pretty sure any trailer can be made to haul a flat bottom boat.
Nice boat...looks like a real fishy spot your in there.

welcome aboard mate :D

Where's your pole! The fishen hole looks sweet 8)

Boat is great, man don't wait till ya gotta move out, do that deck now and post us pics

I went fishing the next day from this pic. Mom and I went out in the morning and I took my girlfriend out later. I got about 4 pike in the boat with a couple that spit the lure at the boat. I watched a pike bite my lure not 5 feet away from me so I guess frog pag is a good color :wink: I've got a few pics posted in the fishing forum.

As much as I'd love to start working now I can't bring myself to do it. My gf and I are saving our money to buy a place down south (where she was born & raised). Once I'm down there and situated I'll save little by little until I have enough moo-la to do my project. Don't worry, I'll post it up when I start

i've been attempting top water but it's difficult to say the least. This whole lake has a shortage of fish and an abundance of cover. All coastline has about 20-40 yards of pads. also, right about at the pad's edge it drops off. So, it makes for interesting fishing.

Yep. It holds water really well.

This past week I've been helping my cousin with his 1977 16' Yarcraft. He had a mishap last year and smashed the motor through the transom. So, we've been cleaning it and fixing it up for the 4th of July. We're testing it on sat. then making a "navigation/test run" sunday. Sunday and on the 4th we're going to Grand Haven via the Grand River. We're hoping that his hull will withstand Lake Michigan [-o<

Victor Coar said:
Welcome!! I am about an hour and a half south of you here in Saint Joe!!
Thanks! I actually went right by you this past Easter. (went to Mississippi through Ft. Wayne)