My Project.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tompatt

Reaction score
Should I build a front deck and a back deck on a 14 ft. 36 inch base, Alumacraft 1436 lite? The type of fishing i will do is. mostly fishing for crappie, sunfish, and maybe some bass every now and then. I need ppl's opinion before I start any thing. I will post pictures of my boat tom. I couldnt today cuz I couldn't find my camera. :cry:

I would only build a front deck - and make it lower then the top of the boat.

Give your self some storage compartments in the back - but not a full deck

I agree, you dont want it to the top of the gunwales. I basically extended the front bench of my 1436 Alumacraft aprox 20in and made hatchs for storage and made carpeted floor boards. I can stand on the front deck but wouldnt stay long if someone else was in the boat.

There ya go.........

P3190130.jpg

P3190129.jpg

P3190128.jpg

P3190127.jpg

P3190126.jpg

[/img]

i have the exact same boat as you only older. the best way i found to build the deck with stability in mind is to brace it so that the deck lays on top of the middle seat and then fits right under the lip of the front seat. this gives you a level deck and allows adeqaute storage underneath. With the deck at this height it is stable enought to walk and cast around the deck by yourself with some one else fishing of the back seat. check out my post " florida jon boat " in this forum to see what i mean. i felt like it was much more stable with a deck than without it, i think standing on the ribs and bow incline throws off the balance.

https://tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2233

santander said:
i have the exact same boat as you only older. the best way i found to build the deck with stability in mind is to brace it so that the deck lays on top of the middle seat and then fits right under the lip of the front seat. this gives you a level deck and allows adeqaute storage underneath. With the deck at this height it is stable enought to walk and cast around the deck by yourself with some one else fishing of the back seat. check out my post " florida jon boat " in this forum to see what i mean. i felt like it was much more stable with a deck than without it, i think standing on the ribs and bow incline throws off the balance.

I just noticed that on your boat! Thats a cool idea! :)

santander said:

thx. but now i have to figure out how to plan where the stuff will go..how much weight do u think can u hold on that deck?.. by the way. im 16 now and im gonna go take my driver's test Fri. :D

tompatt said:
santander said:

thx. but now i have to figure out how to plan where the stuff will go..how much weight do u think can u hold on that deck?.. by the way. im 16 now and im gonna go take my driver's test Fri. :D
Your 16? I am 15, and will take my learners test Friday. :lol: You ever make it up north a bit. I am just under 2 hours from you, right off of I-75.

bassboy1 said:
tompatt said:
santander said:

Your 16? I am 15, and will take my learners test Friday. :lol: You ever make it up north a bit. I am just under 2 hours from you, right off of I-75.

yea kool. im goin to tanger to get my license. i just turned 16 yest...

i have had about 300 lbs on the deck at one time with no issues. plan out what you want under the deck before you drill or cut anything. My first big hatch contains the anchor, line, life jackets, and TM battery, under the first round hatch is the cooler bait well which is caulked into the wood from underneath, the 2nd round hatch is extra storage for my cast net and any thing else i may need to bring. Thier is a lot of space but how you utilize it is the most important thing.

ok. well can i have my Trollin Motor and Fishfinder hooked up to the same battery? and what kind do u think i need? which trolling motor should i get also? i was thinkin about gettin this....

Trolling motor

yes you can have them hooked to the same battery with no problems. I wouldn't get the bass pro shop trolling motor because it is more expensive than the minn kota version that you can get at any walmart. The minn kota or motor guide are considered the best and have been around the longest. I would spend your extra money getting a good battery and charger, this is what matters more to me, especially if the TM is yor main power source.

Click on your link to the trolling motor. Then, look at the little bar down the side. It shows the Endura series motors with a rebate. The Endura 30 has a 20 dollar rebate, which would actually make it 10 bucks cheaper than that one, and it is a far superior motor. Even without the rebate, I would hold out for the MK.

hey im in Louisville, KY... and my grandpa is giving me a trollin motor. its a MK...its like about 10 yrs old... but its never been taken out of the box. it has a 36 pd thrust. i will post pics as soon as possible.

tom patt first pic of your front deck shows a trolling motor ? mount can you get some detail pics of that and how it attaches? i like it

its like a piece of plywood the owner before had on it. im guessing he had one on before then took them off, but im gonna take it off. i dont like it. im gonna try and make a plan for the front deck and then put on my TM. the plywood is like drilled into the top of the boat. i cant take any pics of my boat till about fri or so. im in KY and my boat is bak home in GA. i can tell u some about the boat.... we got it from one of my mom's friend's dad. he was old. it was too small for him and his family to use. so the boat had been out like 3 times. the engine is like a 10 yr. old johnson 6 hp motor. and the boat and the trailer are brand new. My mom got it for about $800. It came with all the stuff it has on it now. Im not goin to do anything to the boat first.. until i aleast take it out once and get a feel for the boat. I think ill mount the trolling motor on the front rightside of the boat. today i think im goin with my grandpa to go get a Battery Charger for the boat battery... once i get one.

Its a real good idea to take the boat out before makeing any mods. I would take it out several times in differant conditions before starting. Maybe take a bucket, fill with water and move around on the deck to see the weight distribution while you are out. Then fill the bucket of water w/ some fish.

no. lol we just got like 23 big pines takin down. they had to take down the fence to get to the 2 big trees bak there. and thats my 1987 jeep Yj.. i got for my 15th bday. :D

Latest posts