need a motor

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thx alot where would the hull identification tag be located? that tells u max hp and weight stuff like that where can i get some stickers to put on my boat?

Welcome!

Thanks for joining!

Where are you from? Can you get a picture of your boat?

IguanaGrafix is a sponsor here, he can make you awesome boat letters and any stickers you want for your boat.

thx i love this site it is great. im just starting out here dont have a motor yet. going to get a 5hp. any tips u can give me would be greatly appreciated. any suggestions anything would be cool. thx for the reply. any questions u have i might can answer. lol

dedawg1149 said:
i dont really know but i would guess about 8 to 10 mph :shock:

I agree.Maybe 12mph if everything is perfect.

whatapiece said:
thx alot where would the hull identification tag be located? that tells u max hp and weight stuff like that where can i get some stickers to put on my boat?

The data plate should be close to the hull ID plate.They should be on the inside top corner of transom.It is illegal to remove or other wise alter the data plate or hull ID plate.I just did a write up on ways to obtain a new hull ID.

https://tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5285&hilit=HIN

There maybe a second HIN(hull ID) on the boat.It will be hidden underneath a fitting,grab handle,side rail,or seat.

large_boat-race.jpg

i got a 12v semi v alittle wider than yours, with a old 7.5ted williams. it moves pretty good by myself, not bad with my girlfiend, but with 3 people i get soaked. id recomend around a 10hp, its what ill be moving up too

what does it mean to "plane" in a boat? How much hp does it take to plane your boat?

thx. what are some cool things that i could make really easy to put on my boat? like seats, anything really easy stuff?

Latest posts