Need switches and lights

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blake

Reaction score
I'm rigging up a 1542, and I need to get some nav lights with sockets, a 5-6 switch panel, and some spots for the front of the boat. can you guys please give me some suggestions on good quality stuff, but not too pricey?

thanks!

Overton's. You can buy rocker panels for less than $35.
Are you just hooking up nav lights, or are you adding other devises as well?

Good Luck!

nav lights and I was wanting an inexpensive led light bar to mount on the underside of the bow lip. i'll also need the switch panel for bilge and livewell pumps, depth finders.

Blake said:
nav lights and I was wanting an inexpensive led light bar to mount on the underside of the bow lip. i'll also need the switch panel for bilge and livewell pumps, depth finders.

Overton's will have what you need. The rocker panels come with the rockers. We have bought two through the years and they worked really well. (Two different boats; one was a pontoon barge and the other a bass boat.) Really easy to hook up and comes with directions. 8)

I will post the info back to you shortly.

I ended up going with stuff made by SeaSense, and the majority of my stuff just came from amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/SeaSense-Switch-Panel-Breaker-Rubber/dp/B0009PYBKG/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1438947388&sr=8-15&keywords=boat+switch+panel

They make panels with multiple switch combinations/amounts depending on what you are looking for. Also can get rockers or switches depending on what you like.

I also had a really good website for purchasing wire, but I'm at work at the moment. If I remember when I get home, I will post the link.

Hard to beat Amazon if you know what you want. Free shipping after $35.

Don't go cheap on the switch panel. Waterproofing on the cheap models is tentative to say the least. I went cheap on another boat and all the rubber they used to seal out moisture dry rotted from UV within a year, then BPS tried to balk on me returning it until I started getting peeved. Go mid-range, at least, and get a good switch panel. Nothing sux more than an instance I had one year, went out on a really cold morning and all my switches were frozen in place. Had to use the q-beam to thaw the switches out (slow process), and someone was in my fishing hole by the time I got there. He had launched after me, but got ahead of me before I could get my lights working and leave the dock.

got my switches, lights, receptacles all from amazon

seasense 5 switch with plug

cheapest nav lights they had

attwood bases I think

Latest posts