New 14 foot Mirrocraft

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zanini.r

Reaction score
First of all I would like to say that I am new to this page and I am in awe at some of the work people have been doing to modify their boats. I literally have spent the last 5 hours on this page instead of studying for my finals, but I just bought a new 14 foot mirrocraft (year unknown, its an aqua/light blue color) and I'm trying to get some ideas on what to do with it.

I love to bass fish, and while I fish alone mostly I also bring my little 10 year old brother out frequently. I cant decide if a front deck would make it too unbalanced to fish with him in the back of the boat.

I also fish tournaments so Im trying to fit a livewell in here somewhere.

I was wondering if anyone had any mods they did to a boat like this that worked well and would fit my ideas. Ill be posting pictures and such as I go along with my my mod as soon as school is out.

Thank!!

I have a 14 Deep fisherman that I am working on right now, just do a search and you will find plenty to look at. Good luck and take lots of pictures.

Check out my build it's in my signature and may give you some ideas.

If Bigwave would hurry up, I am sure his would provide some great ideas too :LOL22:

Thoughts on my preliminary sketches of the layout/any problems I might run into?

Attachments

• Boat Try 1.pic.pdf
    55 KB · Views: 113
Sorry that the picture/link is so small they wouldnt let me upload the autocad drawing :(

I finally got home, and was able to pick up my new boat, so here are some pictures. I ripped out all the old carpeting and plywood floor that was rotted out. Now she just needs a good cleaning and sanding so I can paint her. Hopefully Ill get around to it this weekend or next weekend after I have finals. Any tips on painting?

Attachments

• new boat.jpg
    new boat.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 766
  • new boat 2.jpg
    new boat 2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 766
  • new boat 3.jpg
    new boat 3.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 766
  • new boat 4.jpg
    new boat 4.jpg
    925 KB · Views: 766
Good layout on your cad drawing. It is very similar to the way I play on decking my boat out. As for painting, lots of options. Look at fool4fish, lowblazah, to start with. They did killer paint jobs on their boats. You can also use the search function to get some ideas. If you plan on stripping the boat I recommend zipstrip and a pressure washer, followed by some good ole elbow grease. Welcome to the Mirrorcraft club.

Latest posts