new boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dearl

Reaction score
Hey guys been a while since I've been here. Well it happened, I was at the dock one saturday, and a guy ask was the Madd Catter for sale, Well if the moneys right it is. His offer has my attention, and before I knew it I sold the ole girl. Good boat, had fun building it but I am on to new and better things. I broke down and bought this Lowe 1655D tunnel hull With a hydraulic jack plate, and a 2008 Mercury 90/65 2 stroke. Front mounted console and plenty of floor area. This is a bare boat, clean canvas. Boat and motor weigh in at roughly 900 lbs. I have had it in the water 3 times, and 1st time i couldn't stop it from porpoising at 1/2 throttle. I took it home, and moved as much weight as I could forward, and it rides fairly comfortable now. It will push this rig 35 - 37, but man it drinks the gas at WOT . I figured it was getting 2.5 mpg at WOT. Wont be running her there much, its a shallow runner for sure, On plane I have been through 4"- 6" water no problem. Let me know what you think.

0602101225a.jpg

0602101226a.jpg

0602101227b.jpg

0608101948a.jpg

0602101229a.jpg

I remember watching your build on your old boat,,,great job.
This boat looks nice,interesting layout.
What's the bow look like are you going to do a big mod?

no big mods, yet. I like the boat layout, not much to change there, but there is the weight issue. I have to keep it front heavy to keep the nose down. a forward mounted fuel tank, new depth finder, spot light, just the usual stuff.

Nice Rig man, how do you like the jet drive rather then the prop?

dearl said:
but man it drinks the gas at WOT .

My 2 stroke 90 Merc does the same thing.

HUGE difference between WOT and 3/4 or a little more. I can actually hear the check valve in my fuel tank clicking from the vacuum created at WOT. :shock:

Nice boat. :wink: