New Build Basic Diagram Check

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joncruiser

Reaction score
Good evening! Just joined and loving the site. Im starting my mod on my Lowe 1440 and trying to get a plan together before I start the actually build. Ive gathered a lot of components together over the course of the past few months but i like to have a plan before i jump right into it. once the project begins ill post a new topic in the Modification/build thread. anyways background, I'm running a 9.9 honda outboard and basically making this boat into an all around fishing/cruising/escape from work boat therefore i wanted some comforts. this topic is my basic idea for my wiring set up the diagram i drew up is not exact as far as placements but wanted to see if the configuration would be acceptable. i want to have 2 deep cycles or one deep cycle and one deep cycle/starter on a selector switch, i have a 6 gang rocker panel fused and jumped, the switches will control bow/stern lights/manual bilge/depth finder/ stereo on off/ possible deck lighting etc....low amp comforts....biggest concern is if my setup will work with the selector switch, battery choice, common "ground" and the ability to charge and keep charge using the motor.....any help with breaker placements and other safety precautions would be appreciated as well

Attachments

• Jon Boat Wiring Basics.docx
    228.8 KB · Views: 142
joncruiser said:
Ahh thanks I drew it up using Microsoft word I'll find a way to convert it

I don't understand why a word document would not work for me, I use openoffice, every other one I have ever opened worked ok. Turn it into a jpeg and upload the photo.
Tim

let me know if this worked.....I changed it to a PDF

Attachments

• Jon Boat Wiring Basics.pdf
    659.7 KB · Views: 158
Awesome thanks for the help! Yes 9.9 Honda long shaft electric start and has a standard pull start just in case, took it off my old sail boat got a jack plate for the Jon, the switch panel will have fuses corresponding with the load for the certain accessory radio, lights, FF etc....Im using a D2400 deep cycle (ever start) not the best brand but again took it off my old sail boat, as well as a aqua start? i think is the brand cranking battery. mainly will use cranking battery but to many times have i played music all day while anchored and cruising around and end up draining a battery therefore I wanted the security of two...so with my electronics fused at the switch panel where else would you suggest i put a circuit breaker/fuse? I've looked at a lot of diagrams however most if not all are influenced by a trolling motor being the main device however this isn't the case for my scenario. Thanks again for the help and I will start a new post in the build section once I'm underway please follow and advise as i go along!