New dude ! New boat! ??????????????????????????

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRUE GRIT 78

Reaction score
This is a nice chunk of info you dudes put together !Thanks!
I just bought a 1448 johnboat with a 2006 johnson 9.9 . I am stoked I paid A grand fer all of it Jackets ,troler, depth finder, trailer ,and boat.
I plan to deck & paint most of it a.s.a.p.but till the weather gets bad I will keep it wet.
I could use a list of matirial suggestions, like brand of paint, & carpet to use not junk but not to $$$$
Also I have to fit 2 8 yearolds a 3 yr old my girl and myself on this ship so..... How thick of plywood do I have to use?
Like the thinner the wood the more subframe I will need ."righht?" So what is most efishent? It is my goal to keep wieght down but max my storage and walkspace.
All suggestions wil be helpfull.
Oh and My girl will show me how to post pics soon.

Welcome to TB!

Sounds like you have the right ideas - keep it wet until you can fish no more and them slowly work on the boat until you can fish again

:WELCOME: aboard =D> just read and look through the forums it should answer most of your guestions.if not fill free to ask.most people uses the lowes brand outdoor carpet

:WELCOME: Howdy! Ditto on the advice given, as you have time, read through all the old posts, alot of good info there, and some will be useful even though you weren't necessarily looking for it.

Personal I would use 3/4" plywood, and I've also used the Lowes carpeting, but never kept a boat long enough to see how it holds-up, but others here have.

Be sure & post some pics when ya can.....lol, we like boat & fish pics :wink:

ST

I bought the outdoor carpet from Menards and glued it down with outdoor carpet adhesive. It's holding up fine after 3 years exposed to the summer sun.

If you get sick of that 9.9hp (4stroke?) I know of a perfect place you can store it.... on my boat.

TRUE GRIT 78 said:
Like the thinner the wood the more subframe I will need ."righht?" So what is most efishent? It is my goal to keep wieght down but max my storage and walkspace.
All suggestions wil be helpfull.

Something I failed to add earlier, the more framing you need to support a thinner deck, is more framing that will cut-down/interfere on your usable storage space.

ST

Its a 2 stroke...lol.. but no I will hold on to this deal for awile.We have been out on Lake Sangcriss on sat&sun for the past 6 weeks 10 hrs a day and noones tired of it yet.
The kids would like to have some better luck as far as the fish.
I am goin to stain & poly the deck. The baitnet drags stuff all over . So we can towel it off and have a seat.

Latest posts