New fishfinder for $350

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

utahusker

Reaction score
Can anyone give any recommendations on a sonar unit for $350 or less? I have a handheld GPS so I don't need that.
Thanks
James

you can get a great unit for that price range. just remember you want the highest vertical pixel count you can find. the horizontal count. doesnt help you much that is the stuff that is well behind your boat.
the Eagle brand is an off shoot of Lowrance and is a quality unit...
If anyone hasn't seen the dvd put out by "the professor" Wilson Fraizer it is worth a look. I found the 201 disc very helpful and learned quite a bit..

Here are a couple I would seriously look into if I had the coin.....

Lowrance X-125(not color...but supposed to be a good unit)
https://www.threeriversmarine.net/catalog/item/2521272/1980299.htm

Eagle Fishmark 640c(A nice color unit, Abit over your price limit, but for the color feature, IMO it would definitely be worth it)
https://www.threeriversmarine.net/catalog/item/2518864/2414759.htm

I've also heard alot of great things about that store(Three Rivers Marine). Supposed to have great customer service, and I believe about the best prices you can find.

Keep in mind though, If you don't really care about having a color unit, You don't really HAVE to spend that kind of money. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Eagle Fishmark 320 like I have on my bow. You could also look at the Eagle Fishmark 480, which is similar to the 320, but abit better resolution(480 x 480 compared to the 320's 320 x 320).

As you can tell, I like to stick with Eagle/Lowrance models.

Many of the eagle units are side light vs backlight. Just something to consider if you fish at night at all. You may want to also check if either unit will or will not be able to use your hand held gps via a cable. or an external gps fixture.

The Lowrance X135 is on sale for $249 at Cabelas right now. $199 for the x125.

danmyersmn said:
Many of the eagle units are side light vs backlight. Just something to consider if you fish at night at all. You may want to also check if either unit will or will not be able to use your hand held gps via a cable. or an external gps fixture.

The Lowrance X135 is on sale for $249 at Cabelas right now. $199 for the x125.
Thanks, I ended up buying the X135 at Cabelas. Seems like a great deal.

I purchased an x135. Worked very good Sunday, but didn't catch anything. :LOL2:

utahusker said:
Can anyone give any recommendations on a sonar unit for $350 or less? I have a handheld GPS so I don't need that.
Thanks
James

Good morning James ....
Lowrance X96 (NOT Color) goes for about $199 anywhere .... and does an excellent job. If your wanting a color screen ..... I upgraded from the X96 to the Lowrance 510c, and I'm done upgrading .... About a 5 inch screen .... very easy to see ..... I think you would be more than happy with either one.

Latest posts