New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
juggernot said:
I have posted pics of my homaide rodholders and some of a large box I built in the boathouse forum but don't have any before or during pics of this mod. Where or how do I add profile info, and can I change my screename to Juggernaut? I also wonder if i should have posted the boatbox pics in the jonboat mods forum??

Go into the user control panel in the upper left hand side of your screen and follow the links.

As for changing your screen name, I don't think you can do that without opening a new account. Jim might have a better answer for that???

Hey tinboats. I'm a 31 year old hard working dad and husband. Besides my family nothing in my world feels as right as fishing. I was off the water for some years due to being a jack a$$ but thank God I found my way back. Loving it.

Focobassslayer said:
Hey tinboats. I'm a 31 year old hard working dad and husband. Besides my family nothing in my world feels as right as fishing. I was off the water for some years due to being a jack a$$ but thank God I found my way back. Loving it.

Good to have you here as part of the TinBoat family.....sometimes we can all be a jacka$$. Glad you found your way back.

Hey! My name is Scott. I live here in central Virginia and have started building out my 1961 Lone Star 16' semi v-hull. I have started with the basic tear down on the transome and have begun to start on the cutting out of the seats. I have to replace transome wood and some very minor dings. Been looking for a place to get reclaimed street signs but have had no luck. I have all the aluminum angle I can possibly get and will be picking up marine grade plywood this weekend.
I use to build WAHOO BOATS for 5 years some have some background in boat builds. I use to deck out and install livewells in john boats that others said they were trash and sell them. This one is going to stay with me. I will put up pictures soon..

Hello friends! My name is Ryan, or to most people from work and just about everywhere else, Ryno. I'm from Jefferson County, Mo. I've been lurking on this sight for a couple of years, ever since I bought my crunched up hunk of aluminum that I considered a boat! :LOL2: Finally decided it was probably time I registered. I will post pics of the boat soon. It is a 1964, I believe, 18' flat bottom polarkraft with a 35 horse evinrude and trailer that I picked up off craigslist for $750. Couldn't resist, fore I had visions of a bowfishin' beast. Jumped into it head first and runnin for a few weeks and then hit a speed bump. My wife and I decided it was time to buy a house and quit renting, so we did. Not enough room at the new place, so boat got stashed at dad's place. Then a year after getting settled in, along came my beautiful daughter. Not much time for the boat lately, but as soon as the weather warms up its back to boat work and getting some pics loaded. Looking forward to all input and suggestions. Love this site! Okay, I think I'm done rambling now. :lol:

Ryno685 said:
Hello friends! My name is Ryan, or to most people from work and just about everywhere else, Ryno. I'm from Jefferson County, Mo.... Okay, I think I'm done rambling now. :lol:

Welcome Ryan! Starting to get quite a few SoCo/JeffCo members on Tinboats! Look forward to the pics.

panFried said:
Ryno685 said:
Hello friends! My name is Ryan, or to most people from work and just about everywhere else, Ryno. I'm from Jefferson County, Mo.... Okay, I think I'm done rambling now. :lol:

Welcome Ryan! Starting to get quite a few SoCo/JeffCo members on Tinboats! Look forward to the pics.

Thanks panFried.....

Hopefully get to work on the boat some this weekend.

Hey all, My name is Mark. I'm from the South Eastern PA area. From Philly, now in the burbs just outside. I just sold my fiberglass project boat and am picking up a 16' Smokercraft Big Fisherman with a 20hp Johnson tiller this weekend (tomorrow actually). Not sure of my design or what all I plan on doing to it but I'm glad I came accross this site. Seems like a good place for ideas and suggestions. I'm primarlly a bass fisherman on a couple small local lakes and I hit up the Susquehanna River from time to time to fullfil my Small Mouth fix. I look forward to using this site.

Take care,
Mark

Hello everyone. New to posting on this board. Lurked for a bit before I decked and carpeted my 14 foot 1959 sea king. Tore out rotted bench seats and added a simple deck. I love seeing the great work you guys do. One day I hope to be that skilled! Look forward to being a more active member. I am located in Littleton co.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,129
New member from the Chicago area. I'm a regular poster on some other sites (some of you may know me as "slonezp")and tinboats is brought up quite often so I decided to check you guys out. I'm not new to boating or fishing, and hopefully I can help give some info while I'm taking in all I can learn. I fish bass tourneys with Anglers Choice. My home water is the Fox Lake Chan and Lake Michigan.

New here from, from Kansas and enjoy just about any type of fishing but favorite types are catfish, bass, and crappie. Grew up mainly fishing rivers some lakes on occasion and farm ponds.

I am an engineer for a large severe duty pressure vessel manufacturer. We can roll and weld cylinders up to 11" thick. I work with welding related items (new equipment designs or modifications), equipment acquisitions (cnc machine tools etc), as well as various other manufacturing related items.

Look forward to some constructive criticism for some builds and hope that I can be of equal assistance back!

DSCF3008.jpgHi Gang I'm just about to finish another tin boat. 1959 Sports Kraft 16' This is a nice V bottom and has nice bench seats I will be posting some photos of her when I figure how. Welcome to the new members.
I am going to see if there is a cause the site supports that may want to raffle the HELM off from this boat as these are impossible to find and in this kind of shape.

For the boat I'm thinking of painting a nice deep gloss green on the area from the chine rib down and a nice soft lite creamy color on the inside. What do ya think.
Thanks for input
I don't know if photos will come through

Attachments

• helm.jpg
    helm.jpg
    725.6 KB · Views: 801

Latest posts