New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://forum.tinboats.net/viewtopic.php?p=366642#p366642 said:
bdennis » September 20th, 2014, 7:04 pm[/url]"]Hello everyone,
Name is Bryan and I recently bought a 1955 model F alumacraft Transom #F 10607.
Just thought I would say hello.
Welcome aboard, bdennis. Jump right in and enjoy the ride and learning.. 8) 8)

:WELCOME: Howdy from Texas and welcome aboard!

I hope you guys enjoy this site as much as I do. Everyone is very helpful and eager to share their knowledge. Restoration takes a lot of time, patience, encouragement and the will to see it to completion. At times, we have to "manufacture" a part, or as the guys put it on here, "The Mother on Invention", and the ones that have been there, done that, will share as well. :)

I hope I can be of help, as I'm always happy to share. Good luck with your project and again, welcome aboard!

Keith
Texas

[url=https://forum.tinboats.net/viewtopic.php?p=366642#p366642 said:
bdennis » 20 Sep 2014, 18:04[/url]"]Hello everyone,
Name is Bryan and I recently bought a 1955 model F alumacraft Transom #F 10607.
Just thought I would say hello.

Hi Bryan! Congrats on your find! 8)

Just wanted to tell you that I like your signature line! =D>
Amen brother! It's paid for! \:D/

hello from west central indiana, new to the site but not tin boats, owned them all my life.
heard about the site a while back but never enough time to check it out, slow at work today so i decided to pop on and check things out.
seems like some pretty good info to be had, hopefully il be able to put some info to good use.
tight lines and keep it floating, andy.

Greetings, My name is Jim. I'm from the twin cities of Bloomington/Normal, IL. I grew up fishing from my grandfather's Herters fiberglass row boat in central Wisconsin.

I've never owned my own boat before but am in the process of getting one. I've been poking around the forums as a guest trying to identify an abandoned 14' aluminum boat I'm trying to buy. It had no hull ID plate on it but I was finally able to find out from the DNR that it is a Montgomery Ward boat. If I've got it right, it looks like a couple people on here have the same craft and have done amazing jobs with them.

I can fit the boat in the bed of my truck to get it back to my place but would like some guidance on finding a trailer for it.

Thanks for the great site!

Welcome Jim.. Nice to have you here.
About your trailer ???, Harbor Freight has a nice little trailer for a 14' boat for $450 but keep your eyes on their ever going sales, get one of the 20% or 25% super coupons off their web site and save a bunch, plus they ship it for something like $6 or $7. You got to put it together but it is DOT approved and most people seem to have them together in 4 or 5 hrs.
Welcome again.

jimbruskie said:
Greetings, My name is Jim. I'm from the twin cities of Bloomington/Normal, IL. I grew up fishing from my grandfather's Herters fiberglass row boat in central Wisconsin.

I've never owned my own boat before but am in the process of getting one. I've been poking around the forums as a guest trying to identify an abandoned 14' aluminum boat I'm trying to buy. It had no hull ID plate on it but I was finally able to find out from the DNR that it is a Montgomery Ward boat. If I've got it right, it looks like a couple people on here have the same craft and have done amazing jobs with them.

I can fit the boat in the bed of my truck to get it back to my place but would like some guidance on finding a trailer for it.

Thanks for the great site!
I've had good luck, twice in 30 years, with Magictilt(galvanised).Two different boats, two different trailers. And I'm in salt water. A good rinse after each use and keep an eye on the bearings, is all I do.

I have been lurking for a while from CT. I was recently forced into picking up a 1963 Starcraft Jupiter and I am getting ready to rebuild it. (not restore because I don't know what direction i am going yet, and it probably will not be original).

With that I decided to finally create a username and sign up on the site. As soon as I start digging into the boat I will post up a build thread

Welcome!! Tinboats has been a great source of pleasure that has enhanced my boat ownership and turned it into a hobby. Something to be proud of. Besides, I tell the wife it keeps me in the garage and off the streets and out of the pool halls.

:WELCOME:
Everyone here is very helpful, courteous and eager to share their knowledge.
I hope you enjoy the comradely on this site as much as I do. :D

Welcome Aboard!
Keith
Texas

Hey guys,

My name is Stephen and I am from Wisconsin. Currently I fish near park falls, wi for pike/walleye and smallies. I love all the awesome boat builds and hopefully can do something to my newly required vessel!

I don't know much about it, but its an old 14' alumacraft and is pretty wide. I also have an old 7.5 hp motor and a trolling motor I use to push it around.

wiqdlx.jpg

Hey guys just joined looking for some advice on my 1548 VBW G3. Bought it new back in Feb and I've got it set up enough to fish off of but I want to do lots more to it so gonna be needing some advice here soon!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418361580425.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418361580425.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 1,343
Hello all! Names Derek and I'm new here, this looks like a great place to get some good advice. I've had many tin boats and I found a deal that was too good to pass up on my latest can, a very lightly used 2014 1236 Tracker. So far I've added a TH Marine mini-jacker that has a 3" lift with a 4" setback, and I got a sweet deal on a 1998 Yamaha 8hp that scoots it all along pretty good. Plans are to add a couple floodlights to the front and add a hatch to my front seat, and I've been thinking about decking it out, but that'll be after duck season. Thanks in advance for all your help!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 1,337

Latest posts