New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BasserJim here... NW PA on the Allegheny........Have a jet boat, and you can find me on the water March-October normally

Had no Idea they were such a website,I have always had tinboat from one time to another.I just sold my glass boat so Im buying back my john I sold last year,seems like I never use my big bass boat,always had more fun with my jon seemed like.Anyways glad I found you guys :)

Hey everyone, I'm in Arizona and have been since 86'.I love the weather even when it's hot...as long as I can keep cool! I am retired for health reasons from the woodworking machinery industry(service/repairs/installs/training etc.) working part time in retail and enjoying time with the wife (she may have something to say about my free time) and my 2 dogs. Sold the big bass boat and settled down with a 14', 79' Mirro-Craft aluminum. The differance in the upkeep and maint. is incredible and I enjoy it every time I push it into the shop with one hand and close the door. Just finished adding a couple storage lockers and decking with a bow mounted troll motor. Now I can fish like before(almost).I'm using a 91' 15hp Gamefisher for now but am putting together an 88' 25hp. Evinrude, then I will get around a little better and get to the other end of the lake while the suns still up. Being able to go fishing almost all year is somethig you can get used to in a hurry.I envy you "guys" in places with lots of lakes/ponds and types of fishing I only read about. This site is great and I don't post alot but read it when ever I can. I have been able to save some headaches from the super posts with good soild experiance and honest people. I always feel better when I leave tinboats and look forward to returning. When I figure out how to post some pic's I will! thanks, Doug 8)

Heiio
New member here, one of the members of my yahoo group{flyfishingandflytyingforpanfish}told me about this group.
I just got a 14' 1970 polartec jon-boat and am fixing it up to fish
with, this is my first boat so I have alot of questions for you guys.
I live in Millbrook Ala. thats about 11miles north of Montgomery Ala.
I have been a landlocked fisherman for too long, thats why I am so
excited about my boat.
I flyfish and tye my own flys,I fish regular tackle as well.
I tend to fish Lake Jordan and the Coosa River.
My boat has 3 bench/seats , after seeing picts of the mods to jon-boats
I would like to remove the center bench to open it up a little, my question
is if I remove it will it weaken the structual integerity of the boat safetywise?
I will be running a 4hp outboard on it, I will appreceate any info you can give me.
adodger69

adodger69 said:
Heiio
New member here, one of the members of my yahoo group{flyfishingandflytyingforpanfish}told me about this group.
I just got a 14' 1970 polartec jon-boat and am fixing it up to fish
with, this is my first boat so I have alot of questions for you guys.
I live in Millbrook Ala. thats about 11miles north of Montgomery Ala.
I have been a landlocked fisherman for too long, thats why I am so
excited about my boat.
I flyfish and tye my own flys,I fish regular tackle as well.
I tend to fish Lake Jordan and the Coosa River.
My boat has 3 bench/seats , after seeing picts of the mods to jon-boats
I would like to remove the center bench to open it up a little, my question
is if I remove it will it weaken the structual integerity of the boat safetywise?
I will be running a 4hp outboard on it, I will appreceate any info you can give me.
adodger69

Welcome.

When you get a chance, update your profile so the rest of the forum will know where you're from. Go ahead and post your question over in the boats section, as this is a place just to introduce yourself. Also, if you use the search function first, you will probably have a better unerstanding about the do's and don'ts (or opinions) of bench removal. Never heard of a polartec boat. I look forward to seeing pics of it, and that will probably help the other members be able to answer your "safetywise" question.

Brine

new here the name is matthew i just bought a 1232 tracker and will be buildin it up in a few months. ive already startewd collecting parts and supplies, however uncle sam wants me to go to md for a couple months so its gonna have to wait. im currently in ohio but seeing how the army likes me im sure ill be somewhere else in a few years. any questions just ask if your in the area and want a fishing buddy lets go.

ARMY STRONG

Latest posts