New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys I made a brief intorduction on my build but I guess this is the place. My name is Alex I'm 23 from Northeast Pennsylvania. My boat is a 14' 3" Starcraft Seafarer. I have started on my outboard a 1972 Evinrude 9.5 but I am waiting for the weather up here to turn for the better so I can get started on the boat itself. After some questions and research on here I have an idea of what I would like to do but each and every build has something a little different to offer. I am open to any suggestions and advise that you have learned through experience on your builds. I look forward to hearing any feedback and sharing progress.

Hello, My name is Dan. I am a heavy equipment mechanic that specializes in deep foundation drilling equipment and cranes. I live in Alabama but travel all over to do my job. I have a 1436 flat bottom that I fish out of that needs lots of work. I just bought a brand new Mercury 20hp 4 stroke and it looks a little funny sitting on the back of a ragged old boat. I was looking online for some ideas on improving the boat when I happened across this site and man am I glad I did. Ya'll have really done some amazing things to your small boats. I hope to fix my ol' girl up and make her worthy to share the same space as some of the ones I have been seeing on here. I'm sure I will have a ton of questions and hopefully some answers too. I look forward to being a member here.

Diesel Dan

I have been on this site for about a week and love it. I have an old Alumacraft 14x48 with a 25/20 jet that I did a lot of work to. I also have a '08 Snyder 16x60 custom jet boat with a 115 Etec jet. I still play around with the old boat a lot adding stuff and fixing stuff on it. I mainly fish in Virginia and Pennsylvania for smallmouth and musky.

Scott

Hi everyone. I'm new to the site and recently posted the start of my Sears 12ft Jon project. I have gotten a ton of ideas and read a lot of really good advice here on tinboats. Hopefully I'll have a lake ready setup soon and move on to posting pics of monster bass!

how goes it? Hi I'm Jay from TN, 32 with CF and love to fish!! i mainly fish on Old hickory lake in Sumner county TN. i have received a tracker 1648 all welded* mod v for the best price.. FREE!!!! it came with an 01 mercury 25 hp motor..and after reading and looking at the post on here im hooked and im about ready to mod it with decks,storage and live well. not sure of the yr of the boat as i did not receive paperwork with it and still trying to figure it out... this site is amazing! i hope to get started with my build asap...
one love

hey whats up, im anthony. im 19 and live in jersey. i used to use this site alot a few years ago and just began going back on it. im loving the progress. =D>

anthsims23 said:
hey whats up, im anthony. im 19 and live in jersey. i used to use this site alot a few years ago and just began going back on it. im loving the progress. =D>

:WELCOME: back... stick around.

anthsims23 said:

Welcome back! little anth! :beer: want me to reset your password so you can use the old account instead of this one?

Hi all. I just picked up a tracker 1436 with a custom paint job and an evinrude 9.9 2 smoke to push it. I have my 57 lightwin 3 horse as backup. I can't wait for the thaw to get out and give it a try! Great site guys.

North Carolina here. I picked up a 1966 14' Foremost. Found this site and it's great. I wasn't sure what I was going to do till I found it. Very useful! Thanks everyone!
Brent

howdy boys !
my names ed . i 'm addicted to boats . fast trackin' to 60 and practicin' for retirement . live in northern illinois now ,but my hearts in southwest louisiana. born and raised on rice and gravy and cajun women ! love to fish. and go fast in little aluminum boats
nice ta meet ya
ed

flatboat said:
howdy boys !
my names ed . i 'm addicted to boats . fast trackin' to 60 and practicin' for retirement . live in northern illinois now ,but my hearts in southwest louisiana. born and raised on rice and gravy and cajun women ! love to fish. and go fast in little aluminum boats
nice ta meet ya
ed

Hey Ed, welcome. If you're not busy the weekend of June 25/26 you could maybe swing by and join some of the rest of us.

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17802

Where abouts do you go fishin' in Northern IL? I put my 19' Tracker PT190TX out on Lake Michigan for Perch and Salmons and fish the Fox Chain and am starting to fish Lake Geneva a little more too.

greetings popeye
well i appreciate the invite , but if the good lords willin' and the creek don't rise i'll be in sothwestern la bout that time. gotta put an addition on the tractor /boat shed .... and .... FISH!! . haven't done much fishin' in ill most of its been in lakes in wi', delavan is good in the spring for northern , mostly snakes 6lb line makes em seem bigger !nice bass there too. never got to fish geneva yet . camp lake,powers lake , brown lake silver lake , peewakee lake wet a line in most of em in southern wi. most of those small ones are no wake till 10am in wi. never fished the chain , lotttttts of boat traffic. . my little boat with that 40 on it don't have much freeboard , i gotta pick my days . lots of r&r this year time to enjoy the fruits of my labor ......and some of that good obama money!
ed