New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Foresight421 and Fish N Phil. :WELCOME: to TinBoats! Happy to have you as part of the family! It's a great place, as you already know.

Hey all....Charlie from California here....I posted in a couple other threads the other day, but failed to put anything up in the "New Members" section...so, here I am. 43 years old, live in Imperial, CA (Imperial Valley/El Centro) out in the southeastern CA desert, right on the Mexican border. Been fishing all my life, but just got my own boat last year, a 14' Mirrocraft with a 25hp Johnson, so I don't have to bum rides now hopefully. Plan on fixing it up to be a Colorado River runner as well as a San Diego Bay skiff....seen some of the builds on here and have gotten pretty excited about tearing into it, so we'll see what comes out of it....Any other SoCal'ers out there?

Hi everybody, just joined after checking everything out for awhile now. I have learned a bunch about customizing boats here. I have a 14' Valco with a 7.5 Honda that I have had about a year now. I am getting ready to modify it for the fishing that we do. We like to Striper fish on the California Delta as well fish the local lakes, some of them electric only. I have seen a lot of great mods and will be borrowing some of your ideas. I am a big guy at 6'-1" and 275 lbs. so I am thinking of going with floor boards to keep the cg down low and looking to put my trolling motor batteries in the middle seat to balance everything out. My fishing partner is my 10 year old daughter so I want to keep everything simple so she can operate the boat while we fish. Since we fish everything from calm to rough water water I would appreciate any input as to how set up our boat.
Thank You,
Doug

Hi, joined a while ago and spent some time checking out all the projects on here, and I must say there are some inspirational boats on here! I got a Lund 1236 with a Honda 9.9 and a minn Kota 55lb. I'm from Edmonton Alberta, Canada and have a self admitted addiction to fly fishing. Most of the fishing I do is on small lakes going after trout, but I do venture on to some bigger lakes and make an effort for pike and walleye. Lots of fishing to be had here. I look forward to modding my boat and once I figure out how to post pics I'll put one up of my boat! Awesome site and I'm glad there are more mod freaks out there!

Welcome to TinBoats hulzenga! Awesome to have you here.

If you need help posting pictures, here's a tutorial.

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3664

My name is Steve, I was a memeber of a bass fishing club for 22 yrs. I currently own an 18ft Starcraft and a 10 1/2 ft jon boat. I am planning on putting my jon boat back in the water for the first time in many yrs. Due to health problems I can't car top it any more. So, I am looking into used trailers or something that I can use cheap.

Love the site. Thanks

icanfish22 said:
My name is Steve, I was a memeber of a bass fishing club for 22 yrs. I currently own an 18ft Starcraft and a 10 1/2 ft jon boat. I am planning on putting my jon boat back in the water for the first time in many yrs. Due to health problems I can't car top it any more. So, I am looking into used trailers or something that I can use cheap.

Love the site. Thanks

Hey Steve.....welcome to TinBoats! I'm glad you joined. :LOL2:

Hi All, I live in East TN, new to the area and I just bought a used Tracker TX 17 with a 65 Horse Suzuki, Pro Driver TM and 2 fish finders. Now the bad news as with many old Trackers it leaks. The PO seems to have drilled holes along one side of the keel and tried to fill it with a sealer of some sort. On with the repairs!

Thanks Jim. I have been lurking for months, finally took the plunge on the boat so I signed up. You guys are a treasure chest of information.

Thanks