New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to TinBoats Canoeman.....happy to have you here. Hope you're not running the Mississippi in a canoe. That can be some tough waters for a canoe. :wink:

Hello all!
I'm Elec from Lubbock, Texas and I like getting out to the lake as much as I can!
My dad gave me his '89 Grumman 14" and a '72 6hp Evinrude and I finally got it all legal and usable and in the water about a year ago.
image.png
A couple of months ago my dad lost his everloving mind and surprised me with a brand new 15hp Mercury outboard because he wasn't happy that the 6 wouldn't plane out with both of us in it and we'd had a couple of (very minor) problems with the Evinrude. I've taken it out at least twice a week since I got the 15 and man, it'll fly. :D
image_2.jpegimage_1.jpeg
I've mounted a couple of swivel seats and replaced carpet and that's about it, but thanks to this site I now have to decide if I want to mod my Grumman (3 benches and a V floor isn't quite comfy) and put the 6 on a swim platform or put the 6 back on the Grumman and find a better hull to mod. Haven't seen many Grummans around here and I don't know how good of a boat it is. The transom does sit a bit lower with the 15 than the 6 and it takes on a bit of water, but it seems to mostly be from flying around hitting wakes and splashing in... If need be I'll steal my buddy's 16' aluminum boat and use it. He's convinced he's going to use his 1 outboard on his other hull, an old fiberglass trihull that needs transom repair. :roll: #-o278417_265206523496691_100000220352621_1351126_7098726_o.jpg
Thanks for this forum and I'll see y'all around the boards.
Elec

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    397.7 KB · Views: 659
  • photo-1.JPG
    photo-1.JPG
    783.6 KB · Views: 659
Hey, all! Another FNG gets let in the door! :) :roll:

My given first name is Roger, 54yrs. old, and have bought my first boat ever about a month ago.
It's registered as a 1970 Richline, 12' semi-V hull. Got it for $225, on a functional trailer, (except for the lighting).
I have since replaced the transom ply and started cleaning it up and fixing miscellaneous leaks (It looks like somebody drug it around on the concrete a bit too much.) I have a few questions concerning positive identification, but that's a different thread.
https://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q107/GTS225/100_1190.jpg

Roger

Hey guys and gals of Tinboats.net :LOL2: Jeff here:
I found this forum while looking for answers, yeah answers! :popcorn: and I feel like this is just about all I need, I feel like that just walked in the door to a new home. \:D/ I live on the lake and have had a few boats in my time (never a new or fancy one by any means :-({|= ) I am starting over when it comes to my boat and it's barely even a boat compared to what I want, :LOL22: but I guess we don't always get what we want but we get what we need.
I am looking forward to learning all that I can from this site, and makin some fishin buddies mean time :USA1:
My Boat 3.jpg

Hey Jethro....welcome to the TinBoat family. You're gonna love it here.

I had to do a double take on the photo you posted. At first, I thought you were in flooded farmland and in between sheds.

Very cool looking old tin you have there. That will make a great project!

fender66 said:
I had to do a double take on the photo you posted. At first, I thought you were in flooded farmland and in between sheds.

fender66,
No I am actually in between two docks here in my neighborhood on the lake, the person taking the pic was my mom she was standing on the boat ramp. This is where we put our boats in the water you can believe its a tight squeeze... LOL. 8)

Just joined today I have been lurking for awhile now and stealing all kinds of great ideas. I am currently re-doing a 1990 16 foot Mirrocraft from the ground up (South Florida Back County Style). I have been working on it for a couple of months and probably a few weeks from completion.

I have been taking photos along the way and will post the entire build when completed. Just wanted to thank everyone for sharing all their ideas and posting those o-so valuable pictures.

Welcome fool4fish....happy to have you here stealing ideas. :LOL2:

Don't forget to post pics of your build too. We like pictures.

Hello
I live in Parker Colorado, a suburb southeast of Denver. I am 55 and work as a cabinet maker / finish carpenter. I am a Christian, a husband and a dad, a grandpa, and a Broncos fan. My wife and I love to fish and go every chance we get. My boat is a 14’ Westcoaster all welded aluminum. It is a work in progress but I have re-done a lot of it. I got it about two years ago. Here is a video I made about my boat. Hope it works. https://img585.imageshack.us/flvplayer.swf?f=Pzp6"

Hello
My name is Troy M I live in White Bluff TN. I have been checking out your site for a few months and I really enjoy it. I have owned several boats in my life (48 yrs) and swore I would never take on another project boat. After looking at some of the amazing things you guys have pulled off, I got inspired LOL.

I have went and purchased a 1962 Lone Star (16') and I will be building her this fall and winter.

Thanks for the insperation Guys!!!

I posted this in the wrong forum, I've been a member for a while now and am enjoying it very much.
I noticed most of the members are from the East, are there any Pacific Northwest members? Like to share my knowledge and learn yours..

Chuck

I would like to start off by giving you a brief history, have been boating most of my adult life...I live in the Pacific Northwest, Oregon actually. I do mainly fresh water boating, we have access to the Pacific but I keep my craft small as not to be tempted to venture into the Deep water.
I have owned a few craft over the years and the last two have been Aluminum, such a perfect materiel.
I am starting a project this year, I picked up a 1979 StarCraft, 14 footer w/windshield; in reasonable condition. I have a working knowledge of marine applications but this will be my first attempt at restoring an older craft. Up to now my other crafts have all been new, when I saw this diamond in the ruff I just had to mold life back into to it.
I am an avid Trout Angler this is how I became a boater, once you leave the shoreline you can never go back.
I know how to use a search engine and I will, if I do ask a question that seems easy to answer that doesn't mean it was easy to ask.
Would like to share and learn from others while I am here, Nice to find this site...

Hey there! I'm in Catawba, SC about 30 minutes from Lake Wiley and an hour from Lake Norman. I'm 56 years young (two weeks ago to be exact) and when I'm not working on Honey-Do projects :lol: , I like to take my "other" girl out on the water. She would be a 1999 Tracker Pro-Team 185 with the 90hp Merc. I haven't fished much lately (see above Honey-Do comment :roll: ) but going to get out more before it snows here :shock: :lol: :lol: . Thanks for the site and I hope to learn more about keeping my other girl running good (SWMBO says no new boat for a while :lol: )

I found the site through Bass Boat Central when Derek in MA posted about his tin-rig restoration. BTW Derek, great job on your TX-17 =D>

Thanks.

SevenPin (aka Rick Ehlers)

hi guys my name is jason, i just recieved a 1962 arkansas travler tarpon 14ft aluminum boat and loving it i just got it today and was looking for ideas for it and found your forum, im located on the st lawrence river in massena ny which is where i will be taking this boat next spring,

Latest posts