New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks for the welcomes will post some pics in the next couple of days possibly goin to look at a small motor tonight then just have to find a trailer

really glad to be on board ! cannot wait to get my ,18.6 sea ark remodeled &back to salt water !! with all that I have read so far ,all the help that here on this site cant wait toget it started !thanks all !!!!!! "lets fish salt" :idea:

Lets fish salt....

So happy to have you here as part of the TinBoat family. Glad you've been doing well and surviving the aftermath of a stroke. You are correct....God is Good! Good luck with that boat and don't hesitate to ask any questions.

thanks guys welcoming onboard no pun !forgot to say from ocala florida !any in the area mostly fish gulf ,ingles &gulfhamik think that how there spelled .if in of good place to get bait such in area1you count oncaptains cove outfitters to help you out!with places to fish ,good bait,chartering too! james zaloga &his wife are good people to help you! hope i can list that! they help my wife &i all time when we get to go! they have on most hot spots that area! lets fish salt !

hello all, my name is steve. i have already posted here on some different projects that i have completed, but i never saw this part where we could introduce ourselves. perhaps i got the cart before the horse, sorry bout that.
anyway, i live in laguna vista tx. and fish for redfish and speckled trout. i grew up, however, in northeast texas, longview, kilgore, tyler area. fished all my life there for bass. then, later in life began fly-fishing for trout, browns and bows, up in brokenbow oklahoma; i miss that a lot now that i am as far south as one can go in texas.
i am a christian: a youth minister, translator, musician, and whatever else my father-n-law/pastor of our church needs me to be. i thank God everyday for the mind He has given me to be creative when it comes to working in my garage and on my "tinny". many times i lie awake at night cause i cant get project i want to build out of my head!!! i am also a teacher for a local school district. i teach english 9-12 grade, also english as a second language.

thanks to all of you for such a great site; i have gleened many ideas from here so far, many of which, i incorperated on my last project. God bless you all!! Merry CHRISTmas!!!

steve

skloak said:
hello all, my name is steve.

Hey Steve.....great to have you as part of the TinBoat family!

Also great to have another christian, youth minister, musician. Now I don't feel so alone. :LOL2:

thanks a lot!! you do any fly fishing up your way?

I mostly bass fish. On occasion, I'll fish for crappie. I've been saving the fly fishing stuff for when I retire. I am looking forward to both...in another 11 or so years. :shock:

fender66 said:
thanks a lot!! you do any fly fishing up your way?

I mostly bass fish. On occasion, I'll fish for crappie. I've been saving the fly fishing stuff for when I retire. I am looking forward to both...in another 11 or so years. :shock:
that's cool. 8)
retire, there's a word i don't think ill ever get to practice. i think ill have to be 90 before i can do that as a teacher!! :(

Hello all,

I am glad I found this site, I've been going through the build/mod threads quite a bit before I joined and even more now; incredible work for sure.

For me, I enjoy hunting and fishing (mainly inshore) as much as anyone. I will hopefully be able to add my own build thread as I am wanting to build a bit of a hybrid (bowfishing/duck/fishing) rig. I realize it will all be a big compromise on all parts but I'm ok with that. Until then I will continue learning and getting ideas.

Great site you all have here.

Cartman

Just stopping in to say Hi! I've been lurking for awhile now looking for ideas for my first boat I got this past summer. Great site with alot of info and hope to learn more as I go.

Welcome aboard Creek Life.

We have quite a few GA folks on here. Look forward to seeing some pics of your new rig.

Hello,
My name is Kevin and I live in Central WI. Grew up in Hayward, WI fishing the Chippewa Flowage.

Late this summer I purchased a 1996 Alumacraft 1648 Semi-V with a 25 merc tiller. Sweet little boat that came with carpeted removable floor decking installed.
My intentions now is to mod it a bit and make it more user friendly for fishing and hunting. Lots of great ideas here...still working out in my head about a livewell...not many options out there to be honest. Not a huge fan of the hick look portable cooler, although I'm sure it works. Anyway, figured I'd join and eventually start the project this winter sometime.
Sometimes I like the projects more than the actual purpose... :LOL2:
303143_2182524814885_1599922506_32179523_1299259268_n.jpg

305878_2182521174794_1599922506_32179515_893187580_n.jpg

Attachments

• 2011-12-21 13.37.15.jpg
    2011-12-21 13.37.15.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 599
Hey CreekLife and KevinWI....welcome to TinBoats. We're all happy to have you here.

Remember....we like to see pictures with those projects. :wink:

Latest posts