New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everyone... I have found another site that relates to one of my hobbies... (also a member of HondaShadow.net, Intruderalert.net, Rimfirecentral.net, MosinNagant.net, Iboats.net, Clublexus.net, tractorbyme.net and now Tinboats.net) These websites are great. All have motivated me to push my abilities through the knowledge we all share with one another...
I have looked at a few of your tin boats and would like to show you a project I finished last spring... (ill post a different thread in the watering hole forum.) :wink:

MaineIAC said:
Hello everyone... I have found another site that relates to one of my hobbies... (also a member of HondaShadow.net, Intruderalert.net, Rimfirecentral.net, MosinNagant.net, Iboats.net, Clublexus.net, tractorbyme.net and now Tinboats.net) These websites are great. All have motivated me to push my abilities through the knowledge we all share with one another...
I have looked at a few of your tin boats and would like to show you a project I finished last spring... (ill post a different thread in the watering hole forum.) :wink:

Welcome aboard. Now that you're here.....give it a few days and you'll lose interest in those other forums. :LOL2: :LOL2:

Looking forward to your build pictures.

Hello, I have been lurking for some time getting ideas for my next project boat. Decided to register to join in on the fun.

I am a 61 year old fat man with a wife, three kids and 3 1/2 grandkids. I hope someday I will get to retire & fish everyday but it will probably not happen real soon.

My last project boat was a Generation III 1232 that I fixed up just like I wanted. It was destroyed in a fire in January so I found my new project boat at an estate sale. It is a Crestliner 1448 with a 20 HP Johnson outboard, Motorguide foot controled trolling motor, a Humminbird SX 200 fish finder and sits on a pretty nice trailer. I will be posting pictures this weekend before I start the modifications. Fixing up a boat is almost as much fun as fishing with it when it is done.

I am a 61 year old fat man with a wife

Why is it easy to conjure up a picture of you in my mind? Oh yeah....you just described half the people I know. The other half are women. :LOL2: :LOL2:

Welcome aboard.

Realized I haven't introduced myself yet.

My name is Mike, born and raised in Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada. I am 29 with a lovely wife and daughter. I am a CATV and low voltage cable installer with the cable company up here. I have an ~80s 16' Starcraft Seafarer with a 15hp 4stroke merc on it, that I am slowly redoing from bow to stern, before it I've had a 14' Lund deep V, a 16' Aroliner and a 12' Sears.

I also enjoy long walks on the beach and holding hands?

Hello all from the SF Bay area! When looking for ideas and materials for my recently accuired 14' Gregor I came upon this site. And man... this is just what i was looking for. You guys have put together the best resourse and info/club web site for anything aluminum boat related. I am exited to tear into my 14' Gregor (1967 and looks every bit that old) and get all of your opinions through out the build. Ill post some pics when I figure out how.
Screech

Attachments

• gregor front.jpg
    gregor front.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 787
  • gregor transom.jpg
    gregor transom.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 787
screech said:
Hello all from the SF Bay area! When looking for ideas and materials for my recently accuired 14' Gregor I came upon this site. And man... this is just what i was looking for. You guys have put together the best resourse and info/club web site for anything aluminum boat related. I am exited to tear into my 14' Gregor (1967 and looks every bit that old) and get all of your opinions through out the build. Ill post some pics when I figure out how.
Screech
:WELCOME: Rember we love pictures

Guess i have 80 posts andnever introduced myself! My name is Dustin from Duluth, MN and in my late 20s. Have a wonderful fiance and were getting married this summer :)

I used to fish lots, but the past decade archery has pretty much consumed me. Hunting, targets, 3d shoots. Just put fishing aside for years.

Last year broke my hand at work. Had a cast on from june through august. Well there went shooting. Sooo i was in a tough spot, couldnt waiste away summer!! My dad had the boat i currently have so one day said ya know what im not going to sit around and do nothing. I knew it was easy boat to launch so i bought a roll of shrink wrap for wrapping pallets, hooked up the boat and drove to the lake. Wrapped my cast so it wouldnt get wet and went out. Didnt catch anything but it was a beautiful day and right then and there i fell in love being out on the lake again. at the same timemy dad re-fell in love with it as well but his wife wanted a bigger boat. Disnt take him a week to pull one home. So i bought the boat i had fishedmy whole life in from him.

Took my fiance out and i figured she would like it but also figured after two hours she would get bored and want to go home. Oh was i wrong. I soon found out even after a good 8 hours on the lake i had to practically drag her off the lake. She loved the lake the boat the sun and catching fish. We got along wonderfully on the lake and it just became the best thing in the world to do together. Later she got the nerve to drive it and fell in love with that too LOL.

So here i am. Just got done with my mod to make our small boat even more enjoyable to fish out of. Weather in april has been CRAP so i a chomping at the bit to get it out more!!!! Its been kind of a rough winter with back issues from a december accident and work and life has just been tough. I cant wait to be back out on the water on a nice sunny day with my love and best friend and ejoying the outdoors together again.

Doesnt hurt that my dad has re obsessed himself with fishing either, and moat all my friends have also gotten back into it as i have. Nice to get a couple boats out there and anchor next to eachother and relax.

Glad i found this forum, great help and fun to see what others have done. I greatly enjoy my little tin and these new big azz 20,000-40,000 boats really dont interest me much, so to find a place that revolves around boats like i have has been a hidden pot of gold. Thanks to all that participate on here to give me so much great reading material :)

Now, if anyone has a 25 hp 4 stroke they would like to donate to me, my boat would be absolutely perfect!!!

What!!!!

You have a fiance that likes to fish as much as you do? I don't believe it! No pictures....it doesn't exist!

:LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2:

Hey everybody. Been trolling your projects for awhile now and would like to thank all of you for the great information posted. I'm from Yazoo City Mississippi. I've bass fished most of my life. Have nothing against bream, perch, or other fishing; I just have always enjoyed bass fishing. A few years ago my wife started fishing with me. I had a 10 foot aluminum boat and we had great fun fishing together. She bought me a tracker topper 1232 earlier this year. Now I'm ready to borrow some of your ideas to modify my boat. Hope y'all don't mind questions :LOL2:

Yazoo....bring those questions on. You can probably find a lot of answers by using the search function too. We've pretty much covered everything here at one time or another.

Welcome aboard!

I've been lurking around here for several months now, posted a little bit but mostly just soaking up knowledge. This site is amazing! I had no idea that aluminum jon boats could be customized so extensively. My biggest problem now is just figuring out what I want to do to mine!

Anyway, about me. My name is Robert and I am follicly challenged, hence the screen name. I'm in my mid-thirties, married and have a fifteen year old and a nineteen month old, both boys. I mostly fish inshore saltwater for reds and trout but do like to bass fish as well.

I recently bought an ugly but solid 16 ft starcraft seafarer with a 25 hp 4 stroke yamaha. I plan to fish it as is this summer and then take it down to bare metal and totally redo it this coming winter. The knowledge shared and the fact that there are a lot of really helpful people on here makes this seem like a much less daunting task.

Hey baldrob.....I have "in-laws" that live in Beaumont.

Sorry to say, I stay far away from there.....but welcome to TinBoats anyway. We're happy to have you on board.

Fender66, here is proof!!! I know, i got pretty **** lucky :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336521577.715404.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336521577.715404.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 772
hello everyone my name is Sean Walden everyone calls me waldo for the most part! i love to
fish, I'm bass guy mainly because I dont care to eat most fish, I was a full time sprintcar racer till i became a dad now ive built a little tin to enjoy time with the family! the site was a great help on my build for sure and i enjoy looking at others as well

It's a shame that you avoid beaumont fender66, its a pretty great town. Good food and excellent fishing close by, both fresh and saltwater. Not to mention its miserably hot and humid eight months out of the year, we're a bit of a hurricane magnet, and the mosquitoes are about the size of your fist. you're really missing out.

Latest posts