New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been on tinboats a little over a month now but I have read almost everything here. There's some great info here and can't wait to start a project/build. At the moment I have a 14' Jon boat with a 25 evinrude (85 model). I plan to sell this boat and find a bass tracker or similar boat to start my build with.. Looks like a great site to be on

A month ago I moved from Green Ridge to Pleasant Hill. Had to get a little closer to work. How about yourself

kjames said:
A month ago I moved from Green Ridge to Pleasant Hill. Had to get a little closer to work. How about yourself

Ah....you're way west by KC. I'm in a suburb of St. Louis. If you're ever in the area...let me know.

72 Posts later and I found this new member intro thread. :lol: Better late than never. My names Sean from MO and I joined this site because its truly the best boat site on the internet! Hands down! Currently working 1977 Lowe Line 1636 w/ 1976 Merc 110. Cant wait to get the transom finished just so I can get it in the water for some Spring fishing. Glad to be here.

panFried said:
72 Posts later and I found this new member intro thread. :lol: Better late than never. My names Sean from MO and I joined this site because its truly the best boat site on the internet! Hands down! Currently working 1977 Lowe Line 1636 w/ 1976 Merc 110. Cant wait to get the transom finished just so I can get it in the water for some Spring fishing. Glad to be here.

Hey Sean....we need to hook up. There's about 5 or 6 of us from Fenton or nearby areas. I'm thinking about a breakfast at I Hop of something fun and simple just to meet everyone.

fender66 said:
panFried said:

Hey Sean....we need to hook up. There's about 5 or 6 of us from Fenton or nearby areas. I'm thinking about a breakfast at I Hop of something fun and simple just to meet everyone.

Sounds Good! I'm about a mile from Gravois Bluffs. 'Can always find time to stuff my face with cakes and talk tins.

Hello everybody. I'm from Adams, Tn, which is fairly close to the Cumberland River, lake Barkley and Ky Lake. I enjoy bass fishing but like catch whats biting. windwalker

Hi guys my names Coleman. I just found this forum researching boat
And so far so good. I just bought a alweld 1648 with a 40 ho mercury
Hope to get to use it some but any who hope to make some new friends
And share some stories.

Hey Coleman.....Welcome to the TinBoat family. We're happy to have you on board. Feel free to ask questions and post pictures. We love pictures! :mrgreen:

My name is .....you guest it , Paul Marx . Born and raised in Galveston county , Texas . My family has been in Santa Fe for 3 gens. and have fished West Galveston bay the whole time. I'm 52 and have fished this area all my life . I have a 17'X 56 " Dura Craft , tunnel , pontoons , and she's shoved around by a 90 hp.Yammy . I'm still working on get her rigged out to run in spit. I had a 60/45 merc jetdrive outboard on it , but sold it to Smackdaddy last year. When i first bought that motor I got the funniest looks from folks around here , nobody had one. I learned that setup will run shallower than it will float , and have had to let it sit and walk miles back to the house. I also have learn people will try and follow you LOL , not a good idea folks. Great site YA'll have here , I hope to be a help on here , as well as learn all I can. Tight Lines Ya'll !!!

Ahoy, Newby here name is Randy, I'm in my late 40's, live in central N.C. and have enjoyed hunting and fishing since I was a kid thanks to my father, an avid outdoosman also. I've owned my 03 G3 1860sc since 07 and have made some mods to improve this boat. I like the rugged lightweight of an aluminum boat and have more mods planned to make my boat even better. I look foreward to getting advice from others here on the best ways to modify my boat further and maybe help others w my ideas. Here are a few pics of my boat. The center pic is a box I builtDSCN0271.JPG[attachmentDSCN0274.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN0270.JPG
    DSCN0270.JPG
    261.1 KB · Views: 871
Thanks Fender, I looked at various Jon boats for a few years before buying this one. I wanted a 18' or largerSea-Ark but they were out of my price range and not alot of used ones for sale around here. I liked the G3s more than some of the other jons I looked at and also wanted a fourstroke because I use this boat to hunt deer alot and did'nt want my hunting clothes smelling like 2stroke oil smoke. I now wish I had a lighter F60 or 70. The F90 is a blast on the water but would be better suited to a wider 20+' jonboat IMO. This boat is about perfect for hunting lakes and rivers. I can beach it almost anywhere and pull it almost out of the water onshore so it does'nt rock around on the bank w passing wakes. I intend to make more mods to make it perform better and be better for fishing. I'm planning a bank of removeable PVC rodholders for Catfishing or Crappie and want to add an 80 lb. 24volt longshaft handcontrol trolling motor to the bow to replace the anemic 45lb I currently have. I also want to move the fueltank and batteries from the stern to near the bow to help offset the weight of the F90.

juggernot said:
Thanks Fender, I looked at various Jon boats for a few years before buying this one. I wanted a 18' or largerSea-Ark but they were out of my price range and not alot of used ones for sale around here. I liked the G3s more than some of the other jons I looked at and also wanted a fourstroke because I use this boat to hunt deer alot and did'nt want my hunting clothes smelling like 2stroke oil smoke. I now wish I had a lighter F60 or 70. The F90 is a blast on the water but would be better suited to a wider 20+' jonboat IMO. This boat is about perfect for hunting lakes and rivers. I can beach it almost anywhere and pull it almost out of the water onshore so it does'nt rock around on the bank w passing wakes. I intend to make more mods to make it perform better and be better for fishing. I'm planning a bank of removeable PVC rodholders for Catfishing or Crappie and want to add an 80 lb. 24volt longshaft handcontrol trolling motor to the bow to replace the anemic 45lb I currently have. I also want to move the fueltank and batteries from the stern to near the bow to help offset the weight of the F90.

Sounds like you have good ideas. Remember to take before, during and after pics of the mods you make. We like picture here. :wink:

Might also want to add your location to your profile. You'd be surprised how many TinBoat friends you might find in your area.

I have posted pics of my homaide rodholders and some of a large box I built in the boathouse forum but don't have any before or during pics of this mod. Where or how do I add profile info, and can I change my screename to Juggernaut? I also wonder if i should have posted the boatbox pics in the jonboat mods forum??

Latest posts