New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stumpalump checking in from Arizona. I'm own a 1983 16' Valco Bayruner. It's my fourth tin boat. I have strayed a few times and even had a sail boat but Tin is in!

Hello all

After lurking here for the past year or so I figured it's time to sign up.
A little about me.... I'm a heavy equip op in the summer, work in a small automotive machine / race engine shop in the winter.
My passion is motorcycle drag racing (Kawasaki two strokes) & restoring some of my old Kaw's. Hobby's are fishing, turbocharged VW sand car, tig welding & fab work & anything that burns Methanol or Nitromethane.

I picked up a 1974 14' Starcraft this fall and I'm going to attempt to bring it back to life, then mod it for my needs. It'll be a long road as it's a mess from being cobbled up by previous owners :lol:

Cheers,
Gary

New here, just bought my first brand boat(hull only). Here are my two previous boats, 1996 Bass Cat, sold last week. And a 2003 Weldbilt 1548 MV. I finally gave the boat too much abuse and the hull started cracking really bad in a lot of places and I have had the ribs welded back in 3 times. I think the Suzuki and 9" jack plate were too much.
1548 MV Weldbilt

551051_659514150726614_970298272_n by texas_bred83, on Flickr
Bass Cat:

image(3) by texas_bred83, on Flickr
My brand new Alweld 1648 flat. .100 ga. Got the Zuke hung, battery and gas tank in. Tomorrow the wiring, lights, and maybe the floor will go in. I'll start a thread if I remember. Also had my trolling motor bracket welded on. This boat will be a multitask boat, bass, catfish, trotline, duck hunting, shallow water and creek running.

1474592_635027559873306_1127125688_n by texas_bred83, on Flickr

1525504_635114933197902_224977627_n by texas_bred83, on Flickr

Hello. Coming aboard from Menifee, CA. I am retired Navy, now a high school teacher. Been an outdoorsman all my life: hiking, camping, fishing and hunting. Just bought a 1993 16-ft Lund aluminum utility/fishing boat with a 1993 Johnson 25-hp outboard. Started modification project today. Will post pics as soon I figure things out.

Merry Christmas y'all!

Jules

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=338368#p338368 said:
keelme » 10 Jan 2014 04:43 pm[/url]"]just putting a wake out there I have a 18' aluminacraft w/85 hp Johnson mines the one on the bottom

:LOL2:

:WELCOME:

Thats one way to get them to the lake!

Hello "ya'll"!
We are a fishing family from SC! We recently had to sell our beloved ( but not paid off) 2008 lowe fs175. It has been all over upstate sc and up to lake erie several times. The payment was too much once I (wife) stopped working to stay home with our first child (we both cried goodbye). However, my family & I went in and bought the hubby a 13' 1973 gregor for Christmas! He was so surprised! The fisherman will plunder once again! Thanks for all the info! He has so many ideas for it....but first we must restore the raggedy trailer!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3,119
Just wanted to introduce myself. I love old vintage runabouts. Have a lake cabin in northern wisconsin and have been searching for a nice little vintage runabout for fishing a bopping around. Have had nothing but problems with old glass boats, Id always find rot after a while. My dad was always saying go aluminum, so i finally did. Found a beautiful 58 alumacraft Deep-C. Always garaged, well maintained. Got it from original owner. Hating winter right now.

Attachments

• Pic-11012013-002 (1).jpg
    Pic-11012013-002 (1).jpg
    419.8 KB · Views: 3,102
Hey,
I am new to the forum this year. Just bought a 14 foot Jon boat and like the idea of fishing some smaller water then Lake Lanier. I have a Skeeter fish and ski that me and my kids fish for stripers and spotted bass on Lanier. I plan to trout fish the Chattahoochee river and fish some rivers and small ponds this year as well. I like the format of the forum so far!

Hey Bassbully here from NE Ohio. I just got my first tin in years a 2006 War Eagle LDSV with a 2006 Yamaha 50 four stroke. I'm getting it set up now and looking forward to fishing the small waters my big boat could not...saving money too

Welcome aboard bassbully =D>

Your small boat would be my big boat :LOL2:

Ok Im a new member.. just joined From Chattanooga TN.. but not new to boat repair, design, custom work .. Most has been in the itchy world of fiberglass.. rebuilt many a bass boat from ground up, custom glass work, paint , carpet you name it .. But tired of the glass.. moving on to the alum world.. I have owned a few alum boats over the years.. but am tired of the hassles associated with.
Bought my self a bought from another member of tinboats.. didn't know it when I bought it .. but was 1k for a mostly done project.. with 40hp.. but the motor was a 73 or 74 and just don't trust motors with that many years of use lol .. so I re-powered and went to a 28hp with maybe 150 hrs 89 model.. that I just picked up today for $350 with controls.. I can prob get that out of the 40hp that was on the boat.. I don't have much to do to this boat .. but will prob replace the front wood deck with aluminum.. I hate wood on boats and really hate rotted wood.. after all the bass boats I've split and reworked.. the deck is good shape.. but alum don't rot lol.
Make a couple lids to cover the battery and gas tanks.. re-install the side console ( came with but was removed ) or stick steering .. not sure yet.. stick steer is a space saver for sure.
But will post a few pics before and after .. if anyone has any questions about making crankbaits, or fiberglass work just ask.. Id say computers since thats what I do .. Computer Analyst and Programmer, but do that every day.. If you play pc games like Dayz .. Im always looking for people to play with :)

New member from georgia. Long time reader I have used a ton of advice I have gotten from here so I signed up hoping I may can give some back some day.

Latest posts