New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone,, have been trolling for a long while, but just starting posting on this site.. cant remember my age, but am the oldest teenager you've ever seen.. live on the Texas/Oklahoma border on the shore of lake Texoma... main ride is a 2001 tracker pro18-v with 90h.p. merc. I do lots of cat-fishing and chase the stripers when they are working... simi-single, so most days I have a open seat if any of you old timers want to fish Texoma... I am not far from the Denison dam,, Platter ramp or Johnson creek... simi-retired (medical) so any time the fish are hitting I am hitting the fish :lol: also do a lot of tent camping when weather allows...

Hey everyone! Been looking on here a while and decided to finally join. I'm from Nebraska, spend my fishing time looking for panfish and catfish. My boat is a 1973 Ouachita I bought in college. Spent some time fishing the bigger reservoirs in the western part of the state, and realized it was not a big water boat. Life intervened and it was relegated to storage. Now that things have settled down, I brought it out and started using it again. I try to stay on the no wake lakes here on the eastern side of the state now. I'm looking forward to all the info here and maybe helping where I can!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 1,632
Hi, Cliff here from currently cold but sunny Kissimmee, Florida. I'm 57 years old, conceived in Florida but born in New Jersey of all places. By the age of 30 I got smart enough to get the heck out of there and come back to where I started from, but I must admit I do miss the trout and yellow perch fishing up there. I did a lot of boating when I was a kid, mostly as the powerplant for my parents since they didn't allow gas engines in fresh water up in Jersey. Somehow I went through my first 20 years in Florida without a boat, until 2009 when a 10 ft. jon was given to me by the maintenance man I was replacing at a lakefront motel. That was stolen a year later but by then the bug had bitten and I wasted no time finding a replacement. With no numbers, capacity plate, or anything but the name brand decals (or what's left of one of them to be exact), I'm guessing my 12 ft. Delcraft is from the 1950's. Not much info on that brand to be found but it's good heavy aluminum that doesn't buckle when I step into it like the jon did. I got an electric motor a year ago which just made me want to go faster so I found a killer deal on a 15 horse Tohatsu not knowing anything about shaft lengths. Oops. But it only cost $20 so I got that running and traded it for the 2 motors I have now. The Sea King needs ignition coils, but after a carb cleaning the Johnson runs great! Time to register the boat...

Anyway this sure looks like the right place for me to hang out and talk boats,motors and fishing! Didn't mean to write a book, so

End of chapter 1 :LOL2:

Hi, Everyone
I live in New Mexico and recently acquired a used Tracker V14, trailer, and Mercury 9.9. I am very anxious for spring fishing and hope to try for some of our Tiger Muskies. Also planning some trips to the Durango, CO area to fish with some family.
I am looking forward to reading the posts regarding modifications and gear. I have already added upright guide-on poles to the trailer, added a spare tire, and repacked the bearings. Thanks in advance for all the great advice!

Hey xdzozo.....

Welcome to our family. You're gonna love it here.

How's the weather and temps in NM? Bet you're a lot warmer than the rest of us. :mrgreen:

Many Thanks!
Finally the sun came out and it is a beautiful mid 50s day. Being in the desert, we never curse the rain or snow, but we miss the sun.
I'm looking forward to learning a lot here and having some fun.

Hey everyone, I'm Justin from Iowa. Lots of good projects and ideas on here so I thought I'd join up.

Hey Justin....

Welcome to the family...even if you're from Iowa. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hope you like kidding around. :LOL2: :LOL2:

Haha thanks Chris.

Forgot to put up some boat information: currently own a 1963 1648 Ouachita that I mainly use for cruising the river and duck hunting. Its a spring project this year.

Attachments

• 20141011_112934.jpg
    20141011_112934.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 1,604
JustinS said:
Haha thanks Chris.

Forgot to put up some boat information: currently own a 1963 1648 Ouachita that I mainly use for cruising the river and duck hunting. Its a spring project this year.

Attachments

• likebutton1.jpg
    likebutton1.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 1,604
xdzozo said:
Hi, Everyone
I live in New Mexico and recently acquired a used Tracker V14, trailer, and Mercury 9.9. I am very anxious for spring fishing and hope to try for some of our Tiger Muskies. Also planning some trips to the Durango, CO area to fish with some family.
I am looking forward to reading the posts regarding modifications and gear. I have already added upright guide-on poles to the trailer, added a spare tire, and repacked the bearings. Thanks in advance for all the great advice!

So what part of NM you in? I lived in Las Cruces on and off for years. Only lake I ever fished was the Butte. Great Large Mouth Bass back then. Didn't care much for the hybrid Strippers. But loved catching the White Bass and occasional Perch. Never hit the lake near Artisia.

Hey everyone, my name is Jon and I'm from central NJ. I just got into bass fishing last year and am already working on a small mod on my 12" flat bottom boat (nothing crazy just a floor, raised seats and a bow mount). Looking forward to gaining some knowledge on here!

Latest posts