New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
heyitsmike said:
New to the group!
Recently acquired a Crestliner Falcon for the low low price of free!

Haven't seen many, and there doesn't seem to be much on them save for a few old brochures and stuff.

Lots of plans for this one...
Even have a period merc 400, 45hp to go with it!

Hey Mike.....it's great to have you here as a new member of the TinBoats family. I think you'll learn to really love us.

Can't wait to see this restoration job....take lots of pictures for us.

Hello all, I am from central Iowa, I have 2 tins, one I just purchased a year ago, it is a Lund Tyee 5.3 with Evinrude 90HP motor, doing some updates on it, but overall will still be original. the other is a 14' flat bottom, have owned this one since the mid 80's, don't use it much but still have it and thinking about doing some mods to it, that is the main reason for joining, trying to get some ideas etc., not sure when I will be starting on it, but will post pics when I get started, in the mean time I am just browsing around checking all the mods that have been done to all your projects, and enjoying what I have seen, and also has given me some ideas.
Thank you for allowing me to join this great group of yours.
Keith.

Hello from Illinois. I just joined. Been riding stand up jet skis for probably about 10 or 12 years now. Saw some jet Jon builds and I have been wanting to do one. I don't fish, just want a jet Jon to play around on.

Boz Mon said:
Hello from Illinois. I just joined. Been riding stand up jet skis for probably about 10 or 12 years now. Saw some jet Jon builds and I have been wanting to do one. I don't fish, just want a jet Jon to play around on.

Hey Boz Mon.....Welcome to the TinBoats family.

Those builds are really cool. I can't tell from what you've said if you want to build one or if you're just in the market for one.....but, if you are building one....take pictures and document whatever you can.....we love pictures here.

fender66 said:
Boz Mon said:

Hey Boz Mon.....Welcome to the TinBoats family.

Those builds are really cool. I can't tell from what you've said if you want to build one or if you're just in the market for one.....but, if you are building one....take pictures and document whatever you can.....we love pictures here.

I already started building. I actually have a build thread going in the builds section. Check it out!

Howdy all.
I'm another new guy here, and am tickled to have found this website! Like so many others, I don't even remember how I came to find this place, but I'm sure glad I did!
I see the many of you are from the midwest and eastern parts of the country, and I'm truly envious of all the tin dealers you have available to you- [that and all the many places to fish!] We have a Bass Pro shop, Cabela's and a Crestliner dealer here and that's pretty much it.
I've gone through the Jon boat conversion threads again and again and still can't get over all the cool innovations and great build ideas y'all come up with.
It's been a while since my wife and I have owned a boat, but we're planning on getting a tin shortly. An Alumacraft 1648 NCS is what I've got in mind, and of course the obligatory modifications to follow. Plenty of room and good stability are most important to us, and with that in mind, Gillhunter's build thread sure looks good!
I'd like to have a boat that can be used on the larger desert lakes around the Phoenix vicinity but still be usable on the mountain lakes of eastern Arizona, where I like to trout fish. Many of the mountain lakes are limited to 10 hp. Some are electric motor only. I believe I'm on the right track here.
I can spend hours here getting all sorts of ideas- a lot of which are frowned on by the financial officer of the family!

Thanks for having me,
Bill

Welcome aboard! Looking forward to seeing your build. Lots of great people and great advise on the site.

Hello from CT. Thanks for having me, looking forward to utilizing all of the excellent talent on this site for my Jon boat conversion. I just purchased a Meyers 14' Fisherman model. I'm new to Jon boat conversions but am very excited to get started now that winter is just about here (Going fishing today though 55 degrees and bright sunshine!). Still working on plans but the intention is to build for a variety of fishing, while I enjoy bass fishing I also enjoy trolling for trout, salmon and pike. Here in Eastern CT where I live there are a number of smaller ponds \ lakes that this boat is going to be perfect for.

Thanks,
Tom

tjm01....Welcome to our TinBoats family. You're gonna love it here, and congrats on your new boat. Don't forget to take before, during and after pics of your build. :mrgreen:

Greetings from Oregon. Figured it was time to stop lurking and join up. Just picked up a neglected 58 14ft Starcraft Super Star or maybe a Super Constellation. Not sure which since the boat is a 14ft with low freeboard and all of the Super Star's I've seen have much higher freeboard and were made in the 70's. The Super Constellation looks like it, but is 16ft. Boat came with an Easy Loader trailer and a Honda BF75 outboard that needs a new prop. Our rainy season has started in a big way, so looks like work will take place in my cramped garage. I shouldn't complain. It's warm and dry. Always been a bit of a purist, but will probably make mods to suit the fishing needs of the wife and I. Here are some photos to start and will update as work progresses. Thanks for all of the info I have already gathered and for all I will get in the future. Hope to be able to contribute in the future.
boat1.jpg
boat3.jpg
boat4.JPG

Hey 5150......Welcome to the Tinboats family! Since you've been lurking...I'm sure you know how much fun we have here. Glad you took the "official" plunge.

Looks like you have a really cool "classic" project there. Keep taking pictures...we love following along in all mods.

Long time lurker, member for a while, and now I'm trying my first post. Thanks to all the members who have given me ideas and their knowledge. My boat is a Tracker 1542 and when I uncover it in mid February I'll post my build in the Mods section. If I didn't screw this post up, I'll post pictures of my new Tohatsu 9.8 (Christmas present from my family) in the outboard section and ask about break-in oils. (Even if it's been done already.) I hope everyone received their wishes for Christmas and their New Year is blessed.

Hey Ezekiel2517....welcome to the posting part of our family.

I guess I don't need to tell you how awesome this family is.....

Happy New Year!

Latest posts