New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mudcat47537 said:
I better make an introduction post and a thanks for bringing me aboard. I am Greg Harris and live in southern IN. I'm 50 years old and work in operations for a power plant. I've bought my first "tin boat" a 1232 Lowe little jon. I've fished out of a Kevlar canoe for as long as I can remember, but I have grown tired of paddling. I'm not planning to do much to my boat though I'm sure most start out like that.
Thanks for allowing me to be part of this group.
Mudcat

Welcome Greg....it's a pleasure having you aboard!

Hi everyone,

My name is Mark, I am from Mount Airy, North Carolina. I am 52. I work as an electrician / Maintenance technician at a small manufacturing facility.

Other than a couple of Kayaks, I've never owned a boat before. I have recently purchased an old Sears 14 ft Jon Boat and I plant to restore it and hopefully modify it a little eventually.

I can't wait to get started. I'm sure that I will have loads of questions.

Thanks,

Mark

Attachments

• IMG_0558.jpg
    IMG_0558.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 1,224
Hey Mark....Sounds like you have a great project ahead of you. You'll find LOTS of answers to your questions already in the forum if you use the "search" option in the upper right corner of your screen, but don't hesitate to ask and take/share picture.

Welcome aboard!

Hey Everyone!
I have been reading posts on this forum for the last couple years and finally decided to join. I'm 28, live in Lebanon MO and run the Niangua and upper stretches of Gasconade and Osage Fork. Have been floating the rivers in a jon boat all my life but started running a jet in 2003 (20 hp 2-stroke mercury). Just upgraded last year to a 40 hp 4-stroke Mercury. Thanks for all the good incite on this forum I have used a lot of ideas from here over the last couple years.

Ozark River Runner said:
Hey Everyone!
I have been reading posts on this forum for the last couple years and finally decided to join. I'm 28, live in Lebanon MO and run the Niangua and upper stretches of Gasconade and Osage Fork. Have been floating the rivers in a jon boat all my life but started running a jet in 2003 (20 hp 2-stroke mercury). Just upgraded last year to a 40 hp 4-stroke Mercury. Thanks for all the good incite on this forum I have used a lot of ideas from here over the last couple years.

Another TinBoater from Missouri! Awesomeness and welcome aboard!

New guy from North Texas.. Decatur area.... Im 35, drive a fuel truck for a living and split what little free time i have between fishing and lure making

Cool site!... I own a 1979 12' Kingfisher flat bottom jon boat... Perfect for the LBJ lakes north of Decatur where i fish

Its old and leaky, but it still floats... Plan to do some work on it soon, so thought id drop in here and look around

Sent from my LGLS885 using Tapatalk

New member from Oklahoma City area. Just retired from 22 years in the military and moved back to Oklahoma.. Sold my bass boat and just recently bought a almost new lowe 1652 roughneck with an anemic 9,9 merc 4 stroke with electric start. Already sold the motor. Moved up to a 25. now I have plans on a center console (got used to them while stationed in Louisiana and Alabama. Anyhow I am glad to be back to fresh water fishing although I will miss the halibut fishing in Oregon and the redfish and specs in the gulf.

Anyhow Just stopping in to say hello.

Hi All, New member ( 71 year old retiree ) here from Michigan. I just bought a used 1984 MirroCraft Mister Musky with a 35 Hp Johnson. Hope to fix it up and stop the minor leaks and worn out flooring, so I will need some help and advisement on the best way to accomplish that. Thanks in advance!! :mrgreen:

Donkman said:
Hi All, New member ( 71 year old retiree ) here from Michigan. I just bought a used 1984 MirroCraft Mister Musky with a 35 Hp Johnson. Hope to fix it up and stop the minor leaks and worn out flooring, so I will need some help and advisement on the best way to accomplish that. Thanks in advance!! :mrgreen:

Hey Donkman....welcome to our TinBoats family! Go ahead and ask your questions and I'm certain you're gonna get answers. Taking and posting pics also helps and it's fun to see progress on mods too.

Just wanted to say Hi, from Burlington Ontario Canada. Looking at getting a small (12 or 14 ft.) Jon boat in the near future and figured this site would help me do a couple of mods so it is a little more comfortable and manageable for a couple of "getting up there guys". Most of my fishing wil be in the back lakes for bass, around the hunt camp. My intent is to make a roof rack per say for my Atv and to the boat through the trails.

In either case looking forward to reading through the posts and conversing with all.

Cheers, Ted

Hey guys.. New Member in the Atlanta Suburbs.

Totally new to boating, and this is my very first boat, so if I ask some crazy questions, just remember that I AM A NEWBIE!!

I've been browsing and trying to learn from you guys, and I have already begun to do some mods.

Here's the first pics when I picked her up. Bought her from a guy for around $800 for everything you see included..

Vessel and Trailer
2 swivel seats
2 Minn Kota Endura trolling motors (one 55lb and one 30lb)
2 batteries (one Marine, one Deep Cycle)
2 paddles
a Lowrance Elite 4 DSI Fish Finder
15lb Mushroom Anchor
and a few other goodies..

These are the pics from the first day I picked her up. I've since changed out the rusty winch, and attempted to add a deck onto the front (not level with the top of the boat, but right at the front seats).. Next I will try to add a deck to the back (for storage and to conceal the batteries).. I don't like the way the swivel seats fit onto the benches, so I will change those out also.. lastly, I think I'm going to remove the middle seat for more room to move around in the boat..

ANY advice is greatly appreciated... I'll be perusing the Modifications Section for ideas and general 'how to's'... Thanks guys!!

IMG_2941.JPG

IMG_2942.JPG

IMG_2944.JPG

IMG_2945.JPG

IMG_2946.JPG

IMG_2951.JPG

IMG_2948.JPG

IMG_2949.JPG

IMG_2953.JPG

IMG_2954.JPG

IMG_2956.JPG

Hey BigRexJ....I'm impressed....first post and great pictures. Keep them coming with your progress....and welcome to the TinBoats family.

Hello,
New to joining but I've been looking at posts for awhile. I recently purchased a 1968 14' Starcraft Seafarer with a 1964 Evenrude Sportwin 9.5. I'm currently in the process of stripping 2 coats of paint off it. My next plan is to epoxy the rivets and give it a Duralux OD green paint job. Taking it slow but like they say.....slow is smooth and smooth is fast. I look forward to learning from all ya'll

Kreature

9d535667857188a8e5bef2cbd76a72e5.jpg

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Hey kreature......good looking project you have. I'm a little jealous that I don't have a project right now, but then again...I get to fish.

Welcome "officially" to the TinBoats family.