New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greetings group. I'm from the southern burbs of the Twin Cities in Minnesota. Home of 10,000 lakes. I'm going to be starting on restoration of a 16' Aluminum StarCraft Pikemaster. It's been dependable but is beginning to need some attention. I've owned it for 6 years pasting bandaid after bandaid on it. The previous owner was not kind. Which I'm sure as time goes on you guys will hear why. I've never named her. Maybe that's why I can't catch anything in the cursed thing. Everyone else in the boat reels em in but oh no not me. So... I figure I'm going to learn lots here, get her cleaned up and name her and if everything goes right I'll break a beer across her bow and enjoy a well restored boat. I look forward to meeting many of you.

KC

Welcome AnglerC.....It's great having you on board.

Remember.....after you break that beer on her bow.....remove all the bananas. :shock:

Hello everyone.
My name is Mike from Maine.
Always loved aluminum boats over glass.
Have owned my Tracker since new in 95.
Avid fisherman.
Master Toyota Tech.
Harley rider
Lots more to tell as time goes on.
Hope I can contribute down the road...

Greetings to one and all,

My name is todd to those i don't know, and jimmy to everyone else ;). I have Lived in Lansing, MI most of my life. I generally love all things outdoors. Fishing , Hunting, Camping etc...

I recently purchased a 12' 1968 Aqua Swan Luma-Lap with a trailer for $200.00 which led me here :). I had thoughts of doing a complete conversion. Perhaps a new deck/platform,paint, drain plug, pvc additions, new hardware etc...

Looking forward to talking with you and getting some new ideas and great advice :). I thought some of you might be interested to see my new boat. It is not bell of the ball but for $200 i can not complain ;).

Attachments

• Aqua Swan (2).jpg
    Aqua Swan (2).jpg
    56 KB · Views: 1,476
  • Aqua Swan.jpg
    Aqua Swan.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 1,476
  • Aqua Swan (3).jpg
    Aqua Swan (3).jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 1,476
  • Aqua Swan (4).jpg
    Aqua Swan (4).jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 1,476
  • Aqua Swan (5).jpg
    Aqua Swan (5).jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 1,476
Yeah for $200 i would agree. I did replace the trailer bearings,grease, and bearing buddies, and i put 1 1/2" pvc on the back both sides. The boat does have 2 leaks both are seam leaks in the back. However i was fishing for 6-8 hours and had perhaps a couple of cups of water. I am not at all sure how i will seal them having no experience in such things but hopefully it will not be to much of a hassle.

Hello guys I,m Anthony and I live in South Georgia. I'm new to this site and recently purchased my first boat a 1436 Crestliner powered by a 9.9 Johnson. I,m excited about joining this site and learning all i can about this new hobby have a good day ladies and gents.

Good afternoon everyone. I want to thank you for accepting me into the sight.
My name is Robert and I'm from Arkansas, I'm a catfishing fanatic and, 90% CPR but don't bash others for not doing the same. I own a 1999 Crestliner sport 16 semi v that has been rebuilt numerous times. In the past I just used what I could find and just dealt with it. Well here we go again. But this time I'm wanting to do it right and really could use yalls help and advice. Basically a full rebuild. New floor decks and paint. Il keep you updated as I progress and probably ask tons of questions along the way. Looking forward to talking with yall. And once again Thanks

Good afternoon everyone. My name is Dave and currently living in Williamsburg,KY past 4 years. 52 years old and ridden motorcycles since I was 16. Deciding to give them up because of too many people depending on me at the moment between wife and 2 sets of parents and I needed something for my therapy/sanity. Decided it's back to fishing which I've been away from for some time. Picked up a 14 foot flat bottom alumacraft with trolling motor and a 15 hp Johnson tiller. In nice shape but am about to upgrade to suit me. Casting deck etc. Sold my pull behind motorcycle trailer and got this rig for what the trailer sold for. Nice swap. Still have the Valkyrie at present but have some interest so should be bikeless soon. Looking forward to a new chapter in life, learning from all I can here and contributing whatever I can.

Hey everyone. Thanks for the add. I'm in the Twin Cities, MN area, running a newer G3 Angler V170 C with a 4 stroke Yamaha 90. Looking forward to the interactions.
ff2b50bb172ed88fb66d0d4d34ee40bf.jpg

Latest posts