New Mississippi guy checking in

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WebbsWelding

Reaction score
This site is great, I stumbled across it yesterday and have learned a lot already. I live in Olive Branch and do boat modifications of all sorts. I may post a few pics if I can figure out how. I just bought a new G-3 and am getting it set up for me and my son to start fishing. I see a lot of posts about flooring, I have an extruder making me toungue and groove flooring you guys will love, Anyways, not here trying to drum up business, got too much as it is, just here to learn and talk. My Dad bought me a 12 ft jon boat when I was 13 and we put it on a pond near the house. I have loved jon boats ever since. When my Dad passed I inherited his 21 ft new triton. It had a huge engine and was heavy, hard to handle and just hard to fish out of. I sold it and went back to the basics. I would take a jon boat over the nicest bass boat ever made. My G-3 has a 40, Its the biggest motor I have ever had on a 16 footer. Its a bit too fast but hopefully I will get used to it. Anyways looking forward to enjoying this site. Also, I want to build a canopy and hoped to see some idea pics but there are about 8000 posts to search through. Have fun, Adam Webb

Thanks BR1, I am going to build something I have not been able to find anywhere. By the time I am finished I may find out why nothing like it exists. But, we will see, I want to make a removable 6x10 canopy, very unobtrusive, and have it setup on a quick release type setup. Stupid thing will probably get ripped to shreds first day out but,, gotta try right?

Latest posts