New Motor

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tin Cup

Reaction score
So I am working on putting a new rig together. Because of my non mechanic abilites I going to purchase a brand new one. I'm planning on A Tracker Topper 14 36. I plan to go with a 9.9 Merc. I would like some feedback on motor selection and HP. I have been told that 9.9 will be fine but have also been told that I will want a 15 to cover all basis. I am also open to manufactures. I really like the Fish Camp motor on small outbards dot com. Really dicounted and they seem to have a good rep. Can you fellas help a newbie out?

The size of motor depends if you can leave on your transom while trailering the boat,,,if its not the case, you might want to consider its weight//Mike

I would look at where I was going to be fishing. If you have any HP limited waters that you fish, then go with whatever satisfies the restriction. If thats not the case, then follow the previous advice, get the biggest motor the boat can handle and you can afford.

if your thinking about the fish camp motors there great. i bought a 15 hp from them last year and the motor started on the second pull right out of the box and it didnt give me a problem all year. and albert is a great guy to do business with if you decide to. i would highly recommend it.

Welcome aboard. Good to see another Dacula TinBoater

I know youre asking about the motor, but if you havent bought the boat yet, I would maybe consider getting a 40" or wider boat. It will do wonders in stability, and leave you less limitations on modifications. Its gonna be hard to fish standing up(or walking around)in a narrow boat IMO.

Latest posts