No PC baits fish

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nickk

Reaction score
My plan was to use my PC baits Flatsider and chuggers, well I never got any hits on the chugger and so once the sun got high I tried the crank but the lake was too shallow and weedy so those will have to wait for another outing.

I got out with some dudes in my club for a non-sanctioned buddy tournament. My partner has good knowledge of the lake and caught tons, I stuck a couple and lost them most of the time. In the last hour I managed a good one on a jig, Jake mentioned how great it is to catch fish on new equipment; I concur!

I got this on a 5/16 Eakins jig with a Paca-chunk on my fairly new GLX BCR843 with a Quantum Tour model 7.0:1(recently discounted by $100.00) under a dock.
Buddytx7-26003.jpg

Weighed in at 5lb 2oz on a Berkely digital scale, I had to work this fish out and it tried to wrap me twice. I'm a believer in Suffix braid! People rip the Recoil guides but the sound of braid running through them fighting a pig is music to me!