Not much Slime for SlimeTime today

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlimeTime

Reaction score
lol....day started-out "normal", 15 minutes late leaving....not a big deal. Pulled into 1 baitshop about 6:45, no lights....so we went on a couple miles up the road to baitshop #2, says "Open at 7:00AM".....OK, waited....waited.....waited 'till 7:30, went back to baitshop #1, which was now open. Got bait, got to the ramp....blah-blah-blah.

Because of dads age, he not allowed to drive my truck ('cause he won't be covered, per my insurer), and he's not comfortable in the boat, so I launched by myself, again....no biggie & I already knew it was gonna go that way. So, boat's in the water, I pull up the 45* incline of a ramp, park the truck & hobble back downhill.

Didn't start-out too bad, I caught a nice crappie right off the bat, thought hey....it's gonna be a productive day, then I caught crappie #2, another keeper....well, those were the only 2 keepers I caught all day.
Dadscat.jpg

Dad caught a nice channel on a minnow (lol....I couldn't get him to pose for the pic, so I'm holding his fish)
crap10-2-082.jpg

So I had to sneek a pic of him :wink:
Dad10-2-08.jpg

Here's what we were fishing in because I thought that's where the fish would be.....lol, WRONG
Sal10-2-08.jpg

The wind picked-up early, 10-20 mph, made fishing alot less fun, especially when we weren't catching fish. The FF was reading at 2-3 times actual depth, not sure why, but it sucked. We fisher wood, coves, flats, deep......no luck.

On our last stop.....motor wouldn't start....makes a humming noise, no cranking. Dead battery? Nope, I swapped it with the spare (electronics use)....same thing. Fortunately, it happened close to the ramp, and I had the joy of loading with the TM....which by the way preformed great :wink: . It was after 5PM, fishing sucked, as did the wind, so we headed home, unloaded, cleaned 3 fish, hit the shower.....and there you have it :mrgreen:

Few fish, broken outboard, but a good day fishin' with pops........

ST

sorry to hear about your motor but you lookjust like your dad,how deep is that lake ,how deep was the timber,did you try fishing up tight right close to the wood,was you using jigs or jigs and minnows or just minnows just wandering,who did that trolling motor pull your boat,how long do you think you get of a battery trolling

Mr. ST, its always a good sharing your day wit pops,he looked nice and comfy, dont you love it when bait shop owners dont give a crap about opening up on time? That standing timber looks mighty inviting, did you try running a spinner bait in there?

Glad to hear your TM worked fine, you did a nice job mounting it, bummer bout outboard but all in all spending time with pops is worth every bit of misfortune you occured today.

dedawg1149 said:
sorry to hear about your motor but you lookjust like your dad,how deep is that lake ,how deep was the timber,did you try fishing up tight right close to the wood,was you using jigs or jigs and minnows or just minnows just wandering,who did that trolling motor pull your boat,how long do you think you get of a battery trolling

lol, I forgot to add.....I launched with my transom-saver in-place :roll: Hopefully it'll be something simple (and CHEAP), bad connection would be nice.....

Except dad comes to about my shoulders. Speaking of that, I realized you can see how uneven my shoulders are even through heavy clothing.

There are parts that are 25-30' that Stumpknocker read on his FF, mine is WAY off regarding depth. We were dropping minnows right down beside the trees, didn't use any jigs (lol.....I know #-o )

TM pulled great, even in the wind (and it was pretty stiff), we were on the water 8 hours roughly, & I used it quite a bit, especially because we were searching for fish, and not wanting to fool wth anchors more than necessary (which wasn't much).

Shamoo- Yep, dad & I had a "tiff" a couple days ago, lol....said he wasn't gonna go, but I knew he would :mrgreen: I'll never stop at that baitshop again, the other one is close, and the guy is much more personable besides (and cheaper).

ST

Fishing is always a good time when dad can go. He's not able to get out & do much since his wife depends on him for everything (and her worthless kids do little to help).

Capt'n-lol....yeah, he's the 1st to make everyone clump-together for pics, but the last one who wants his taken, as evident in his scowl :x lol He ain't as mean as he looks :---) :LMFAO:

ST

**** seems like you cant catch a break, guess you picked a good time for a new tm. Good luck findin a new outboard.

To bad you didn't hammer them crappie,would of been fun.
Still great to get out with the ol man though.
Hope your outboard is a cheap fix.

slim357 said:
**** seems like you cant catch a break, guess you picked a good time for a new tm. Good luck findin a new outboard.

lol.....it happens so often I just make jokes about it, otherwise I'd be mad all the time :x :wink: Don't need a new motor, starter just went kaput.

I know Zum, it was fun watching dad reel in that channel though. I may try & get him out once more before they leave for Florida for the winter. His health is still pretty good, but in the back of my mind are those thoughts of wondering if it'll be the last time I see him :(

ST

They have a place in a retirement park in Dade City. He got it back when mom was still living. I also have a brother that lives in Largo.

ST

Latest posts