• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toTinBoats.net and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Old model 70's and 80's reels

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vbgreen

Reaction score
Looking for used old reels any model any condition would really like to use for a couple of rods i got from my father

Are you looking for spinning or casting - Fresh or Salt?

i have a pile of older Penn Reels (many of the SS series all metal made in USA)

What sizes do you want?

Hello captain, and thank you for your reply. I am looking for anything really as i did not want to come off as being choosey or picky. My rig is from 1975 so i want to assemble a little older arsenal of reels and rods to fish with as i am a HUGE fan of older items for some reason :LOL2: But to answer directly any older semi quality reels anyone is willing to sell/barter i will be glad to do business with and would greatly appreciate it. I figured i might have a better chance of asking group of fisherman then constantly combing craigslist or local ads..... thank you all

I understand but again, what size and type reels. I have a Diawa GS-90 spinning reel circa 1979. You interested in something that size.

The Penn SS are 6500, 5500 and 4500 series.

Let me know if any of these are of interest. They are all used and have some boat rash and such

Captain thank you and to be a little clearer i am looking for small to mid size spinning reels such your penn 4500 and 5500 as i am mainly fishing tidal inlets and creeks. I would be very interested in the 4500 and 5500 if you still have those or if you would like to make up some sort of package deal price i would definatley be interested... I thank you for your time and response and lookfoward to hearing from you.

Latest posts