Once upon a time there was a 14' JB...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you want your trolling motor to the side of your boat?like the canoe.Not sure why you would but just asking.

yes yes yes!

I'm ordering the first posted item you listed. Thanks a bunch. I've never seen such a little devil in all my internet'n... :D I'll need to install some cleat action because that handle usually acts as my anchor tie on... Looks like that trolling motor bracket will use up the whole handle area...

~LCA.

Still waiting on my trolling motor bracket from BPS. They're delivery speed is not quite up to par w/ BlueWaterLED! [-X I really thought it would've been here yesterday... AnyHoot...

Anyone have any fiberglassing exp? I've got a "livewell" in the boat, but it's a all aluminum livewell... I dunno if it even leaks? I should check... Anyways, I was thinking about kinda put a couple layers of fiber in there and then probably gel coat right? That would be nice eh? Any comments on that IDEER?

~LCA.

Check to see if the aluminum one leaks first,might only need some resin(or other product)to seal the seams.If you do fiberglass it all,the gel coat is only for a nice finished look,it would be waterproof without it.

...just got back from another 'test n tune' session on a wonderful high tide all morning... My daughter and I worked the flat in front of FortDesotoPark over in St.Pete. They've got some purrty turtle grass out there... The Gulfs sooooo-o much cleaner than the Bay... :( The trolling motor loves the JB. A perfect match. Works best in 2ft or more... I think I really need to do the poling platform and get a push pole... The boat'll float in -12" with the Suzuki 15 trim'd up... So I know it'll be real nice with a platform... I can get into the real skinny, real quiet...

It's impossible to get the trolling motor not to 'chop' in the shallow water... ...just too noisey for the spooky fish around here...

I need to start plottin' the setup. I'll be working on that livewell too... Thanks for the pointers Zum... Will Do.

~LCA.

CIMG3775.jpg

Roger that EagleBaseball... These are the backwaters I fish... Bad Bugs! :mrgreen:

This is a little creek that feeds into lower TBay kemical... These backwaters are stacked with snook n reds in the winter... I'm trying to get familar with the terrain for this winter... I'm trying to locate sand bars and what not to work...

These fish like to chase mullet and baitfish up onto the sandbar, and oyster bars so knowing where the bars are before you get to them are ideal to be sneaky... These fish are really spooky back here, so being quiet is a must... If I can cast up onto the bar from afar my chances are up'd!

Still waiting on BPS for my trolling motor mount... I tracked it today, it should be here tommorrow... :)

~LCA.

Yeah. I had a blow out leaving the boat ramp yesterday... Luckily there was a WallyWorld 5 blocks away! =D> It could've made for a real bad evening yesterday... I'm just so glad it happened before we got on the Interstate... :)

~LCA.

Latest posts